Worries

Dahyun sadly went back home after the encounter with Eunwoo. She was speechless. She doesn't know what to say after Eunwoo found out that she is now talking again.

When she saw the hurt look written on his face, she can't help but feel bad and guilty. It's true, though. She met Eunwoo first. But is it her fault that Yugyeom was the one who's always there with her, that Yugyeom was the one who unintentionally heard her voice?

Dahyun didn't choose Yugyeom to be the first one to hear her voice. It just so happened that he was there.

But still... why does it feel like she did something wrong against Eunwoo?

"Dahyun, are you okay?" Youngjae asked when he heard Dahyun sighed for the nth time. "Is there something bothering you? Is it the Popularity Contest? Do you want to back out? Are you feeling pressured? Tell me."

"Cha Eunwoo," she softly replied.

Youngjae choked on his saliva. "What did Cha Eunwoo did that makes you so stressed about?"

"He heard me speak," Dahyun groaned in frustration, pulling her hair. "What should I do? I feel so bad. I feel like I betrayed a friend."

"Since when did you and Cha Eunwoo became friends?"

"He's a good guy, Youngjae. Remember when he rescued me after being beaten by those mean girls?" Dahyun asked.

"Yeah, I remember that. But it's him and Yugyeom's fault why those girls attacked you. That's why I already told you to stay away -- "

"No, Youngjae. I will not do that." Dahyun stood up.

"Dahyun -- "

"I have to apologize to Eunwoo and explain everything to him."

"What?!" Youngjae stood up. "Why do you need to do that?"

"Because he's a friend I don't want to lose," she answered in a serious tone.

---

A ball of paper landed on Dahyun's desk. She doesn't need to know who throw it because there's only one person who would do it.

She slowly opened it.

"Stop sighing. It's getting annoying."

She stared on her side and saw Yugyeom's annoyed look. Without thinking of his note, Dahyun sighed again and gently folded Yugyeom's note, putting it inside the pocket of her skirt.

When Yugyeom heard her sigh again, he gave her a glanced and saw her distressed face. He wonders what is bothering her.

He admits, he's worried about her. That's why he get another piece of paper and write something.

Dahyun slowly read Yugyeom's another note.

"What are you thinking? Tell me."

Yugyeom actually wanted to add "I'm worried about you" but things might get awkward between him and Dahyun so he decided not to add it.

He saw her writing something on a piece of paper and after a few seconds, a paper landed on his desk.

"Eunwoo heard us talking yesterday at the rooftop."

Just by reading her note, Yugyeom finally understands why she's feeling distressed. But at the same time he can't help but feel annoyed towards Eunwoo. Why does he have to play hard to get? Why can't he just help Dahyun to keep her secret for awhile instead of being mad at her? Geez.

He sent a note to Dahyun, hoping that she will at least cheer up.

"Don't think too much. If he's really your friend, he will understand."

Dahyun can't help but smile at Yugyeom's words. They both glanced at each other and she mouthed "Thanks" and gave him a small smile.

Yugyeom immediately look away, surprised with her action. This girl is gonna give me heart attack. It's true, though. His heart is beating so fast right now.

---

Eunwoo is heading back to the classroom when suddenly a girl jumped right in front of him.

"Omo!" he gasped, holding on to his chest. He was about to yell at the girl but when he clearly saw her face, his mood changed from annoyed to surprised. "Dahyun..."

"Can we talk?" she nervously asked. "Please?"

Eunwoo's ears can't believe it. Dahyun is really speaking and he's hearing her sweet voice. It suddenly became hard for him to speak and his heart is beating so fast right now.

When Dahyun didn't get any reply, she can't help but feel hurt and rejected. She took a step back, holding back her tears. "I understand if you don't want to talk. I'm sorry," she apologized. "I'll get going now." She turned around, wiping the tears that about to fall and started walking away.

"Dahyun, wait!" Eunwoo ran up to her. "I'm sorry. I was just surprised to hear your voice. It made me speechless."

Dahyun turned to face him. Both of their eyes widened when they realized how close they are to each other. They both took a step back, looking away.

"I'm still getting used to the fact that you're actually talking," Eunwoo said, scratching the back of his head. "Your voice sounds so..."

"Don't say it." Dahyun cut him off. "I already know."

Eunwoo's brows creased. He clearly hear the bitterness and sadness on Dahyun's voice when she said that. "What? What do you think I'm going to say?" he can't help but ask.

"That my voice sounds awful."

"What?"

Dahyun forced a smile. "It's okay. I already accepted that fact."

"Who said that to you?" Eunwoo asked, looking so mad. He's now clenching his fists.

"It doesn't matter who is that person. I already erased him on my mind. That person will remain as a bad memory to me." Dahyun forced a smile. "I hope that you're not mad at me anymore."

How could I be mad at you? Eunwoo asked through his mind while looking at Dahyun. "I was hurt, yes. But I'm not mad at you."

"About Yugyeom... He accidentally heard me speak or more like sing one time when I cooed a crying kid in the playground," Dahyun began to explain. "From then on, we started being close. I was afraid that he's gonna reveal my secret but I was surprised that until now he's not telling it to anyone for which I'm really glad about." She smiled at the thought of having someone like Yugyeom in her life.

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me," Eunwoo reassured. He can't help but feel jealous when Dahyun brought up and happily talked about Yugyeom. But he's glad that Dahyun trust him too.

"Thank you, Eunwoo," she gave him a big and sincere smile.

Eunwoo smiled back at her. He can't help but be mesmerized at Dahyun's cute smile. And her voice... it sounds really soothing. How he wished he was the one who heard her sing in the playground, not Yugyeom.

"Dahyunnnnie~!"

Dahyun and Eunwoo turned to where the voice came from and saw Sana running while cutely waving at Dahyun.

"Oh! Hi, Eunwoo!" Sana waved at Eunwoo. "You probably don't remember my name but that doesn't matter because I'm not here for you but for my girl friend Dahyun." She squealed began hugging and squishing Dahyun's cheeks. "Ahhhh~ So cute!" She then grabbed Dahyun's hand. "Let's go! I need to show you something." Without having the chance to say goodbye to Eunwoo, Dahyun was dragged away by Sana.

Being left alone, Eunwoo decided to go back to their classroom but stopped midway when he received a text message from an old friend.

"I heard that she's attending the same school as yours. Have you apologized to her already?"

He clenched his phone hard and didn't even think about sending a reply.