The Divine Mandate

"Hold Warriors!" an armored Knight shouted as he and his fellows rushed down a forested incline. Fireballs ripped through the trees, zipping between the already broken ranks. One of the knights released a beam of light from his shield, searing the leaves struck on the way. Several needles ripped through his body, and his anguish was a high screech muffled by his armor.

A spirit leapt into a clearing, holding a massive wooden club much larger than them. Each step left a deep print in the ground as the spirit approached the remaining knights. Behind them, robed warriors were praying fervently.

"Fall before me mortals. The One cannot save you!" he cackled, his steps become heavier.

"As steady as my shield, Spirit Orm is beside us!" A knight commanded, and a blast of energy knocked the spirit down. They looked up and could see Terra Orm before them.

"What is this then? Mortals never call me," he said simply. "T-This looks like a fight. Is it a fight?"

"Yes, the mighty Orm!" the spirit said, getting up. "Your death will elevate me!"

"Death?"

"Stand fast!"

"Eh?!"

The Spirit battered Orm into the edge of the clearly, taking down several trees. He was laughing as he walked in that direction. Orm got back up and walked towards him.

"In all my years I never thought I'd see a Spirit strike down another!" he shouted angrily. "What gives ya the right to..." Again he was sent flying in one blow, but he got back up just as quickly. "Craeus will have you disciplined if you attack mortals ya know? I'm trying to warn ya, since it's not my job!"

"I did not come here for scolding, but to take over this world in my name."

"Oi?! And what gives ya the right?"

"The One's reign is to be challenging! He is not powerful enough to stand against our combined will! Today I take my stand!"

"T-That's rebellion! Heresy even! You can't do that! Come, we can talk about this..."

"No!" he roared, silencing the forest. "You will bow to me or die. The One shall be next."

Orm clenched his fists. "Any offense against the One is not to be taken lightly, sinner. If ya chose not to talk, you will be forced!"

"Just as the One would do it, no choice, but force!"

The Spirit leapt into the air and slammed the club down, leaving a large crater and shaking the area. Orm had only barely stepped aside. He stomped on the club, snapping it in half. Trees were uprooted from the force of his leg. He drove a punch into the spirit's skull, blasting his entire head off. Black lightning surged around his head, reforming it. He took Orm by his hands and ripped them off. He cried out, but not before being kicked onto his back. Above, a sharpened spike of stone began to form.

"Now!" a knight shouted, and a pillar of light engulfed the spirit. He cried out as his body was burnt to the near bone, and he fought to escape. The light subsided, and what was left of him staggered back. Black lightning again surged around his body, regenerating him. He was breathing heavily however.

Orm got to his feet, the same lightning regenerating his arms.

"Thank you, mortals," he said as he gave them a nod. "Return to your homes and fortify them."