The Heaven's Heresy

In the void was a world like any other, a stone not sculpted by Divine hands. On this world stood Euphoria, Vitalia, Orm, and Solis.

"This world is to be called Edafos," the One spoke. "Sculpted by the Divines, this shall be the world where the Heavens see peace."

"Your word is law," Solis said. "Where is Yios, if I may ask, father?"

"His work has ended, and he rests."

"So be it. Brother, sisters, let us work."

"What of Etherum and Craeus then?" Vitalia asked.

"It is not our concern now. We will continue our search once we've completed this world and Yios returns."

"Yes brother..."

The work on Edafos continued for some time, with many features being shaped across the lifeless world. Vitalia released air into the environment, and above there was a light blue hue. Euphoria marveled at the little mosses that began to take root on the stones she held. Solis and Orm raised many mountains and formations of rock and stone.

Euphoria put down the stones and took up two more when she sensed a familiar energy. She turned to see a beam of light come down. She quickly flew over to it to see Craeus.

"Brother?! What are you doing here? Are you well?" she asked.

"Euphoria, do you promise to love me no matter what?" he asked.

"Brother, my love for all things is unconditional. What makes you any less deserving?"

"I tell you this then, before all the others. I am in rebellion of the One."

"Y-you're..."

"If you love all things unconditionally, then you must stand beside me. I saw it with my own eyes, the destruction caused by the One!"

"Stop speaking such nonsense Craeus, have you gone mad?"

"I've become enlightened."

"No, no you have not!" she shouted. "You've seen the Deceiver, haven't you?"

"Then you know of them, and that of the Old World!" Paragon exclaimed in surprise. Euphoria's eyes widened. "You know then! You know of the destruction and death! The One told you himself, didn't he?"

"No matter the condition, I am a loyal child..."

"No, your faith wavers!"

"Do not query me further, begone brother. If you love me, you will do this."

"You must convince the others," he continued, ignoring her. "Then they shall avoid such a fate as Yios..."

Euphoria's breathings stopped. Her brother's voice began to fade from her hearing. Paragon stopped talking as she fell on him.

"What has happened to our brother, Craeus? What have you done?"

"It is not my work, but the fault of the One," Paragon replied.

"What has happened to my brother!" she screamed at him, and even he was shaken by her voice. "By the One, what have you done to him Craeus. Do not hurt my heart, brother. Do not hurt me!"