001

edited;

August 8, 2016

Kylie

I was currently driving home with Luna and Kian. We were just at the grove walking around. They both decided to sleep over at my house.

The song congratulations was on and Kian was shirtless dancing to the song in the passengers seat, while Luna was in the backseat on her phone.

We finally reached as I park my car in the garage and we walk inside. I lived with Luna and my sister Alissa in a.. villa you could say? I'm not really sure. But it was a small cozy one.

As soon as we walked in, Kian went straight to the sofa. He loved our sofa, he said it's big and very comfy. I walked over to a mirror beside the front door as i took a mirror selfie and posted it on instagram.

 I walked over to a mirror beside the front door as i took a mirror selfie and posted it on instagram

"Oh shit, KYLIE!" I heard Kian yell form the other room. "I'm cominggg," I quickly mumble as I slowly jog to the living room. "What's up?" I ask as I jump beside him on the sofa.

His eyes were glued shut to the tv, then he points to the tv. I turn my attention to the tv and so does Luna who was sitting on a stool in the kitchen.

"A deadly virus has spread through fifty percent of America, and is currently in Los Angeles. The death toll is currently climbing up to 20% of Los Angeles." The newscaster would say with a face of intensity (which looks fake might I add).

I sat there confused, as I tilted my head to the side a bit. "It would be wise of everyone to stay in their houses for now until it's all under control." She turns her face to the side of the camera, as if someone was talking to her.

Her focus goes back to the camera and she starts to speak again. "Wait, I am receiving news from the government itself. They are saying that it is prohibited to leave your house from this point foreword."

"The fuck? Why?" Kian asks. "Shhh!" I shush him so I could listen to what she's saying. "After so many people have died, they are beginning to see the effects of it." The newscaster stops yet again as someone talks to her from behind the camera.

"Effects? Aren't they dead already?" Luna speaks up as she walks towards us and sits on the sofa armrest. "Apparently, some of the dead have come back to life?" She questions herself.

I try to grab the remote control from Kian's hands to close the tv, but his grip was strong. "This is bullshit, just close it." I say hoping what I said was true. "Kylie, it's obviously real, the government said so." Kian would say to me as he turns to look at me. "The government says lots of fake shit." I mumble as I roll my eyes.

"My sources have been confirmed, some of the dead have come back. And we have some footage of that?" She asked her crew. "Kian please please pleasee can we turn it off!" I was starting to get scared, I hated shit like this. I turned to Luna who has been silent the whole time, and she looked shocked. I wouldn't blame her though.

I then hear weird sounds coming from the tv, like monsters growling, which resulted in me quickly turning my head against the tv. Wish I had never done that though, because there was the most horrific scenes I had ever seen.

There were.. things, things that looked like human beings but they definitely weren't. They would run to an actual human and right before they bit into her, the newscaster was back.

"Everyone, please stay in your houses, until we come back for more of an update." She would speak, the fear clearly in her voice. Then the screen turns black.

I sat there, eyes wide open staring at the black screen, and so was Kian and- "KYLIE!" Luna would scream as she pointed to the open window that was beside me. I looked there as I saw one of the walkers running over to the house.

Everything was slowed down, and it was running fast. 'CLOSE IT!' my senses would tell me, I wanted to so bad, but I couldn't. I couldn't move. That's when I heard a loud shut and a bang. I was knocked out of my little trance.

Kian was there, he shut the window and the walker kept scratching and banging the window. I brought my knees up to my chest as I rocked myself back and forth. I didn't notice I was crying. All of this happening in just a short period of time?

And I won't lie, I am sensitive. Quite sensitive might I add. It's something that I was born with. I felt arms wrapping around my waist. I looked behind me as I saw Kian. He pulled me closer and I looked around for Luna.

I wiped away my tears as I took a deep breath. "Where's Luna?" I asked him. "She went to get piles of wood and loads of nails. We are going to block any and every opening of the house." Kian answered.

I nodded as I got up to go the bathroom to wash my face, and when I got out I helped Kian and Luna with boarding up the place. Alissa wasn't home, she went to EDC. Plus even if she was here, she usually sleeps at Banks house.

After at least 2 hours and a half, we were done with boarding up the windows and crap. I know a place we can get out if the walkers break into the house.

When I was younger, I read books and watched movies about zombie apocalypses. I also had a few defense classes here and then, so I'm hoping those two pay off.

I will have to work on being sensitive though, because if you can't kill walkers, then you will die.

And never, ever be alone.

Being alone can and will kill you.

;

eek i'm so ready for this.

word count; 1023 words.

🕊