006

edited;

Kylie

I went outside as I looked for the rest of the group, and one by one they came out of their hiding spots. I counted us one by one, as I realized someone was missing. "Guys!" I heard Weston yell from a few meters away.

I looked at him as he was being chased by one of the walkers, and he tripped and fell from the small hill. Grayson started running after him, Ethan and I following him. After a few minutes of running, we heard a gunshot, and Grayson fell to the ground. Weston stopped and turned around.

Ethan went to Gray as I sprinted to the walker and stabbed my dagger into its head. I turned around as I saw a guy jogging towards Grayson holding a shotgun. I turned to Gray as I noticed he was shot. Lots of emotions ran through me as I realized what happened. Emotions like frustration, fear, sadness, shock.

Ethan was already by his side, trying to help Grayson in anyway he can. Everything was moving slow, until I quickly removed the hoodie around my waist as I pressed it firmly on the wound. "Is he okay?!" The man asks. I silently glared at him. Of course he isn't okay, he was shot for fucks sake!

"I have someone who can help. Just follow me!" He says. I looked up at Ethan who was crying. I tried pulling Grayson up, but it didn't work. "Ethan, just please help me and pick him up. We can't just stay here and cry over him!" I ask Ethan. He gets up and picks up Grayson as we follow the guy.

We were all sprinting, if not, running as fast as we could. After five minutes, Ethan stopped because Grayson was falling out of his arms, so he put him in a better position. The guy behind us was having a rough time catching up. "How far!" Ethan yelled at the guy.

"Over there! There's a house, a farmland, talk to Hershel! Hershel will help you!" The guy said as Ethan and I kept sprinting while Weston was trying to get the guy to run. After a bit, I saw a house and a young girl turn around and yell, "Dad!".

An old man and his family came out as Ethan ran faster, if that was even possible. "Was he bit?" We heard the old man, who I'm guessing is Hershel, yell. "Shot. Shot by your man!" I yelled back. "He told us to get Hershel!" I added as we reach the entrance and they all ran inside.

"Patricia, I need my full kit. Maggie, pain killers, grab everything. Towels, sheets, alcohol." Hershel says as Ethan walks in to a room and puts him down on the bed. Hershel rolls up his sleeves as everyone went to go get whatever they need.

"Is he alive?" Ethan asks. "Pillowcase." Hershel says as I took one of the pillows and removed the pillow case. "Is he alive?" Ethan mumbles. "Wrap the pillowcase, put pressure on the wound." I do as Hershel says and I put pressure on Grayson's wound.

"I've got a heartbeat. But it's faint." He says as I sigh in relief. "I got this," A girl comes from behind me as she presses firmly on Grayson's wound. Considering how tan Gray is, he currently looked very pale. "What's your name?" Hershel asks us as the rest of the family do more medical shit.

"He's Ethan, I'm Kylie." I reply. "Alright, we'll take care of him. We will help in any way possible. We also need space." Hershel says as he looks right into my eyes. I nod as I pull Ethan away. I take him out to the hallway. "Ethan. Everything will be fine." I tell Ethan as I look into his eyes. Ethan was leaning against the door frame.

I could see the tears brimming his eyes. I caressed his cheek and then the door slams open. I turn my head as I saw the other guy run in with Weston. "Is he okay?" He asks as I stay quiet. They go in the room as a brunette comes out.

"My names Maggie, and the guy who shot your brother is Otis." Maggie explains. "Hershel is a doctor, he can help him. Now I'm guessing you have a group?" She asks us. I nod as Ethan was just crossing his arms and Weston was behind me.

"Let's go get them. Also what are your names?" She asks, again. "I'm Kylie, Weston and he's Ethan. The brother is Grayson." I tell her as we all head out. "Do any of you know horse riding?" She asks. "Yep, I do." I say as Ethan, Weston and I follow her. "Alright good, because the four of us won't fit on one horse." She says as she gets up on one.

"Weston, with me. Ethan go with Kylie." She says. I get up on the other horse and Ethan gets up behind me. "I'll follow you, since you should know the way." She says and I nod in response as the horse starts to gallop. I feel Ethan's arms snake around my waist and he lays his forehead on my shoulder.

My right hand was on the handle of the horse's harness, and I put my left hand on Ethan's left hand. "It's gonna be okay, Ethan." I tell him quietly. "I know everyone says that, but I mean it. He's with a doctor." I say.

I put my left hand back on the handle as we reached the highway. I was expecting everyone to be gone, but they were still here. I stopped the horse from moving any further, and Maggie and Weston were right behind me.

"It took you a while, what happened?" Austin asks. "I can't explain right now." I tell him. "Alright, well we got some cars and the RV working, so we can use them for traveling." Austin says. "Okay, Austin tell everyone to get ready, we found a place. Not sure if they will allow us to stay there." I tell him.

"Well, until Grayson heals you can stay. Not sure about after." Maggie says from behind me. "Who's that? What about Grayson?" Austin starts to ask more and more questions. "As I said, I'll explain later." I said sighing as I get off of the horse.

When everyone was out, we divided equally. "Luna, take the horse. I know you're good at horse riding. Austin, how many cars do we have?" I ask him while Ethan gets off of the horse. "3 cars." He says. "Alright, you, Catherine and Elle take one car, both Jacks take another car, and Kian, Mario and Weston will take the other car. Ethan, Cameron and I will take the RV." I say as Ethan and I walk to the RV.

"I'll drive." Ethan says quietly to me. I nod as I get in the passenger seat. Ethan turns on the RV as we all start heading towards the farmland. During the ride, I thought about how Cam was going to find out. She would be heartbroken, that's for sure.

-

I got out of the car and I take Ethan's hand then we walk to the house. As soon as we're in, I see Hershel walk out of the room Grayson was in. "How's he doing?"  I ask Hershel. "Do you know what's his blood type?" Hershel asks. "A+, just like mines." Ethan answers. (i honestly don't know what his blood type is)

"That's fortunate, don't wander around too far because I'll need you." Hershel says. "What happened?" He asks Otis. "I-I found a deer, shot it, bullet went through it, quickly." Otis answers. "The bullet was broken up into pieces. If I can get the fragments out, he's safe." Hershel tells us.

Otis walks behind me to I'm guessing his wife, as he talks to her. "I did not see the boy, not 'til he was on the ground." He explains. I walk outside and I meet the rest of the group. "Mind explaining now?" Austin asks and I sigh. "This guy shot Grayson, thinking he was a deer, while we were after Weston. He took us here and now they are helping us." I take a breath before continuing.

"The doctor is Hershel, the girl you saw was Maggie and the guy who shot Gray was Otis." I explain. "You guys can come in to the living room." Maggie says behind us. I nod as we all walk inside. Everyone else went into the living room while I went to where Ethan and Grayson were.

Ethan was giving blood to Grayson. "Is everything going well?" I ask as Hershel walks into the room. "Well, currently, yes. After Ethan finishes, I'll work on the fragments." Hershel says. I nod as I put my hands in my pocket and I walk out to the living room.

;

how do u all like the story so far? i added a bit of the walking dead hehe (creds to them)

also tmrw i'm going to the beach and it's gonna be 40 degrees celsius sooo

ily guys;
layann

🕊