::Chapter 9:: Fight of our Lives

Before anyone else had even thought to react, Robert was on his feet and intervening. More of a King then his father had ever been, before the crown had as much as touched his brow.

It wasn't long before the rest of his friends were on their way to back him up. They were outnumbered and under armed. Yet it none of them seemed to care, they would all die for their Prince, and not just because of the blood which ran through his veins.

Except for Charlie, who froze silent in his chair. He didn't know how to react, or if he dared to.

Only at the last moment 4did he finally make his mind up and make a move, beside his brother like a shadow before anything could go terribly wrong. These people were wanting trouble, but they didn't know what they were up against.

Something seemed to spark in Robert, as he turned on his heel. Letting the others flood past him for a second, looking over at Evie who had hesitated for half a second. "Get her to safety," he said firmly.

The need to protect all but rumbled from his brother's voice, eyes sharp with a mixture of fear and anger. Not necessarily at Charlie, but at the danger the people he loved were now in.

Nodding firmly, understanding his brother's need to protect. Well aware that part of it was directed towards Charlie as well. He turned on his heel, forgetting any of the awkwardness between them from earlier.

All of it overwhelmed by the need to protect the family.

Raising an eyebrow, he would make it her choice. If she wanted to stay back and protect the man she loved, that was her business. Yet he wanted her to know that such was not the only option.

He offered her his hand.

Pausing, she glanced over at Robert who had already disappeared into the fray. With a deep breath, she took his hand and turned. Together they slipped through the pub and made their way to the door.

Evie stopped before she left. Throwing her head back, she yelled out as loudly as she was capable. "Get out of here if you value your lives."

No one needed to be asked twice. Most too drunk to know what was going on, but they knew how to follow orders. Soon they were swarmed by a couple of dozen drunken men and women, desperate to get out.

Were they not inebriated, Charlie would have tried to make some of them stay and help out with his brothers. However, now they were more a risk to themselves and their allies then they were to anyone else.

Gesturing for Evie to stay behind him, unsure of what dangers could await them outside the door. The red head slipped before him, and Charlie followed in silence. Trying to block out the sounds of battle beginning to grow behind him.

What the group found outside was not what they had been expecting.

On every side, to the point where they couldn't see anything behind them, they were entirely surrounded. A semi-circle two persons thick pressing from wall to wall, making escape but a fantasy.

If they wanted to get out alive, they were going to have to fight tooth and claw their way through the chaos.

Part of Charlie yelled at him to run. Knowing that the damage would be far worse if he stayed to fight this, then if he found a way to escape. Yet there seemed to be no possible way of getting out of here.

"You really don't want to do this," Evie spoke with a tone which was surprisingly calm and steady. "You have no idea who you're dealing with."

Despite her best attempts at sounding intimidating, a tactic which would have usually worked for the small red head. The enemy only laughed out loud at this. Charlie understood why, in their view Charlie had his group were vastly outnumbered.