8/07/17

So. Since fleas are very bad this year, you know what my step dad made me do? He made me give my cat a bath. So what do I do? Give him a bath. So I put my slippers on, knowing the floor will get wet because he'll jump out, and I turn the water on and make sure it's cat ankle deep before I turn the water off then bring him in. I close the door and gently set him in and try to keep him there. He jumps out. I put him I again, he jumps out. I put him in and put the shower curtain up. He gets out and goes back to the door. I put him back in, he meows and jumps out. So what do I do then? I wish I'd thought of this BEFORE I got scratched, but oh well. I get a washcloth, put water in a cup, and I get him wet that way. It worked! He just sat there! So then once he was wet I put the flea stiff on him and left it on for five minutes. Then came the hard part; rinsing it off. I got some off with the wet cloth, but what I ended up doing was putting a towel down and gently pouring water on him since the floor was already wet, as were my slippers and pants. Once that was finished I picked him up and held him close, getting my shirt all wet, and put h in the cage so he won't get the beds or couch wet, then my mom happened to be folding towels that had come right out of the dryer, so I put one in with him. I put it on him but he crawled out and the poor guy is shivering. I'm so glad I hadn't changed out of my PJs before then.                                     

And there's a pic of my poor baby

And there's a pic of my poor baby. :( But at least I found an easier way to bathe a cat! I need to give him a treat for being (fairly) good. 😻😸😺