Chapter 3

I was being held by daddy. Renny and I were holding hands. We were talking to each other. JAcob was asleep on the couch. I wanted to draw on his face but daddy told me no. 

The rest of the family returned from their hunting trip. I reached out for Uncle Jasper. He got me from daddy. 

Aunt Rosalie said, “Finally. My turn” 

Mommy handed Renny to her. 

“Where do they sleep?” 

“In my arms. Or Edward’s or Esme’s. Kata sleeps in Edward’s, Esme’s, Jasper’s or Carlisle’s arms. She’s picky.” 

I grinned at Aunt Rosalie. She smiled back at me. Jacob then woke up as the others came. 

Mommy and daddy left. I gave Jacob a blank face before sticking my tongue out at him. Everyone else chuckled. 

~

The next morning I was playing with my blocks. Jacob was watching Aunt Rosalie play with Renny outside. I was humming to myself.

Mommy and daddy walked in. I was under the table so they couldn’t see me. 

“Wow. Done already?” 

Whaaaaat? What did Uncle Emmett mean?

“What’s Renesmee and Kata?” 

“Blonde stole her” 

Oh Jacob. STOP BEING JEALOUS!

“Line is under the table playing with her blocks” 

Thanks for giving out my hiding spot grandpa” 

“Break a lot of stuff?” 

“Emmett? No” 

I stifled laughter. I went back to my blocks. The phone rings…again. I was told it was my other grandpa. Mommy’s daddy. 

“Is that Charlie?” 

“He’s been calling twice a day” 

I crawled out from under the table. 

“Annnd, it’s annoying. Somebody shut that phone up” 

There was laughter. 

“He’s in pretty rough shape” 

“Eventually, we’ll have to tell him you didn’t make it” 

“He needs to mourn, Bella” 

“Okay. We’ll do it tomorrow” 

“I’m gonna miss this place,” said Uncle Emmett. 

What? We’re leaving?! I don’t wanna leave. Don’t take me with you

“We’ll come back. We always do” 

That’s not reassuring gramps. Daddy smiled at my thoughts. 

“Wait. Nobody said anything about leaving” 

For once, I agree with the pup. 

“Once people believe Bella’s dead, we can’t risk anyone seeing her” 

“So you just disappear?” 

“Jacob, we don’t have another choice” 

I watched Jacob leave. 

“I don’t wanna leave” 

“I know Kata. But it’s for the best” 

I frowned and ran out of the room. I hid under another table. I sniffled. I felt someone sit next to me. I glanced over and saw mommy. 

“What’s wrong Kat?” 

“I don’t wanna leave” 

“Why not? Get to see new places” 

“I was born here.” 

“Good reason. Hey, I promise you’ll like it” 

I nodded before hugging her. She smiled and hugged me back. 

~

It’s been a few hours. Mommy and Daddy were now yelling at Jacob. Once again he did something incredibly stupid. He had told Grandpa Charlie about Renesmee and I. I of course glared at Jacob. He avoided my gaze. 

While they were getting mommy ready to meet him, Grandpa Carlisle saw me. He walked over and picked me up. They smiled. 

“Kata, you know how Renesmee is older than you” 

“Yes” 

“Well, until he leaves you have to act like the older sister” 

“Why?” 

“Well, she looks a few months old while you look 3 years old” 

“Oh. Okay” 

“Can you do that Kata?” 

I nodded with a smile. They smiled back and some relaxed. When we heard a car, they tensed up. 

“Good luck” 

I was handed to daddy as Grandpa Carlisle went to the door. Daddy took me to Renny. 

“Watch your sister, okay” 

“Okay daddy” 

He walked out. I stared after him before looking at Renesmee. I poked her making her giggle. Soon daddy walked in the room. 

“Ready to meet your other grandpa?” 

“Yeah” 

He picked up Renesmee before getting my hand. He took us to the living room. 

“Charlie. This is Renesmee and Kataline” 

“Your nieces?” 

“Our daughters” 

“Right. The adoption” 

He looked at us for a moment. I crossed my eyes at him. He chuckled. 

“Renee-semee? Kataline? They’ve got your eyes Bella. Need to know, I guess” 

I looked up at mommy. She was smiling. When Grandpa Charlie left, I watched from the window. 

“I like him” 

Everyone laughed.