Chapter 6

Mama was reading to Renesmee and I. I had my arms around her and my head was resting on hers. 

“Mom” 

Momma and I looked at Renesmee. 

“Hmm” 

“Did Aunt Alice and Uncle Jasper run away because we’re going to die?” 

“No. I think they left to keep us safe. That's what all these other people are here for, too. I’ll never let anybody hurt you and Kata” 

Renesmee got my hand. Mama held us closer to her. 

(Bella’s Pov)

When I dropped off Jacob, Renesmee, and Kataline off at my dad’s, I herded to Seattle. 

When I arrived at a restaurant, I went to a host. 

“I’m meeting Mr. Jenks” 

“Right this way” 

I was lead to Mr. Jenks”

“Mrs. Cullen” 

“Hi” 

“I’m so happy you called. I always meet my private clients hre. It’s more comfortable than the office.” 

“And it’s more public. What type of work do you do, J?” 

“Oh, you know, this and that, it’s always different, which keeps it interesting” 

“Have you known Alice and Jasper long?” 

“I’ve been working with them for more than 20 years. And my late partner knew Jasper 15 years before that. He is, uh, unusually well-preserved.” 

“Yes, he is” 

“I trust that Mr. Jasper is enjoying his vacation” 

“He didn’t tell you where he was going, did he?” 

“No. No, no. He just mentioned that he was leaving when he came by to place his order” 

“I assume that his order is ready?” 

“Of course. I’ve never been late with a delivery” 

He slides over an envelope. I open it to find forged passports and documentation for Renessme, Kataline, and Jacob” 

“There a problem?” 

“No. My husband and I thought that we’d all be traveling together” 

“Jasper said only three were traveling. His instructions were very clear” 

I was clearly disappointed. I put everything back into the envelope. 

“It’s my mistake. Apparently, that’s not going to happen” 

After I gathered everything together, I headed home. Alice’s vision was very clear. Renesmee and Kataline would have a future but Edward and I wouldn’t be part of it.