Made Me Realize

Dark and Ethan arrived at their destination in an hour's time. Perfect. That gives us plenty of time to search for signs of Anti and his new pet. The pair climbed up the jagged hill to the now opened park within another hour's time. Once they reached the top, Dark wasn't surprised at the sight before him. The Interpol had the gate locked up tight with caution tape weaved through the iron wrought bars. Park rangers were brutally questioned and the Interpol looked stumped.

"That Lady.. I'm thinkin' they know she's dead.."

Ethan spoke slowly, almost remorsefully.

"But they didn't find her body. She isn't dead, or if she is, he didn't leave her body like the others."

They drew closer to the authorities. One stout and round officer looked them up and down suspiciously. Dark maintained his cool composure.

"What are you lot doing here? This is a crime scene. No civilians-"

Suddenly, time had slowed down, Dark's eyes went from brown to red and he began to glow with a vermilion hue. The officer's voice was low and monotone. A single syllable was drawn out until the man fell completely silent. His irises completely disappeared. Dark stood towering over the small man, his shoulders broad, his hands on either side of him. The fingers were curled up at an eerie angle, and his head twitched for short, erratic periods of time.

"We're going through this gate officer. But you never saw us here, do you understand?"

Ethan was shocked, the coldness in Mark's voice had sent icy chills that slithered up his arms like thick tendrils. This was different, this was frightening. The officer nodded slowly.
"Yes, Master." And took a step back, so that Mark could go through the gate. The other people around were frozen still. How is that possible?! It was like someone had hit a pause button on existence. This is insane!
"Don't linger, come on!"
Ethan jumped and followed who he thought to be Mark through a hole in the gate. They walked for about 5 minutes before a loud whoosh swept through and restarted reality.

"What the fuck was that??"

Dark turned towards Ethan, his eyes now an ice blue.

"I am not the man you portray me to be, young Ethan. Now come, my best frenemy and a woman are lost.. We must find them."

God knows what Anti is doing to that poor creature. He walked up a path towards the right silently, the events of the night playing through in front of him. The girl, mid 20's, follows cries of despair up this path. She wanders around skeptically in the dark for a half hour before she meets Anti.

"This way. Now, Ethan."

Ethan stood still. He was terrified. He didn't think Darkiplier was a real demon either.
"N-no." He stammered. It took every once of bravery to stand his ground. He could tell Dark was growing impatient with him.

"H-how do I know you won't kill me like Anti killed the others!? How can I trust you?"

A low growl rumbled through Dark. Insolent little maggot. If they didn't move quick, Anti will have taken that girl somewhere they could never find her! And there was still the matter of saving Jack.

"If I wanted you dead, I wouldn't toy with you like Anti. I'd just fucking kill you. Mark wanted me to keep you, so I did. You're coming or you're staying. But your luck will run short. Stick with this demon or become prey to another."