Chapter 14

It had been several months since your breakdown. Strongarm has finally warmed up to you. You've help capture several 'Cons. With plenty of bumps along the way of course. There was the time Bumblebee tried to act and talk like this "Optimus Prime" figure, it didn't turn out well. That's when the team found out about your vocal manipulation, which you gladly mocked Sideswipe with his own voice just to prove a point.

Then the time where a herd of organics came with weird horn like protrusions on their helms. They resembled that first earthling organic you saw on this planet. Which in turn you discovered a 'Con with similar horns. But you and Grimlock were attacked, and sent back to the scrapyard with Strongarm.

There was a whole adventure with a bird like 'Con but you were too busy holding up a bridge with Grimlock to participate.

That brings you up this solar cycle. Currently Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Grimlock, and Strongarm were out searching a signal and should be back soon. You were currently arranging a shelf that Denny had asked to to organize. You hummed to yourself and lifted another an antique up onto the shelf. You spotted  the green paint through the shelf and knew it was the your best Dinobot friend.

You rushed around the the shelves a smile on your faceplates. You ran towards him and called out.

"Grimlock! I you're home quite early! How was-" you were cut off then a large force snapped into your faceplate and sent you flying through the shelf beside you

You laid there and released a vent through your derma hearing Grimlock walk away you groaned. You leaned your helm back against the rumble you now sat in muttering curses. You shakily rose to your pedes and made your way to the control center.

~~

"-Its thE RED BUTTON." Fix-it cried as Russel tore wiring from the control panel

Still dazed you had managed to get to the control center only to find everyone else was scattered over the ground, dented and unmoving. You flickered your gaze to the organic and the mini-con in the control center. You yourself had a large dent in your helm and felt like you were about to collapse.

"W-what's goin' on with Grim?.." you muttered

You winced when a loud alarm flooded the scrapyard. Then Grimlocks loud yell was soon to follow. That's when you face planted into the dirt unmoving. You heard wheels and pedesteps passed you.

"Turn that noise off!" You heard Grimlock bellow with was followed by Russell's scream you then blacked out

~~

"W-well... her systems appear normal.. Can you hear me (y/n)?" Fix-it's voice flooded your audio receptors which you responded with a groan and flicked your audio receptors

With Bee's help you rose to two pedes and rubbed your helm. Sideswipes voice was the first you heard, besides Bee's soft worried whisper asking if you were ok. Which you nodded pained too.

"Ugh.. where's Grimlock?" Sideswipe asked staggering to his own pedes

Fix-it turned to him, "Russel scared him away, but he has underbite."

"Said he was taking the 'Con to some Boss.." Russel added, "But-" he was cut off by Strongarm

"I can't believe I fell for the innocent T-Rex routine." Strongarm ranged walking forward towards both you and Bee, "We should interrogate Geimlock's known associates, he's clearly been fooling us all this time." She said aiming her blaster

"We are Grimlock's known associates!" Sideswipe retorted

"I think maybe-" Russel started only for Bee to speak up from beside you

"I've seen Grimlock's rap sheet, the only crime on there is severe property damage do to Grimlock, being well, Grimlock." Bee stated

"That's what he wants us to think." Strongarm stepped forward

"I-if you'd just!-" Russel was cut off once again

"No way Grimlock attacked us willingly!" Sideswipe protested, "'The Boss' must of forced him!"

"I have to agree with Sideswipe." You stated speaking up, "There's no way Grimlock did this on his own free will! That isn't Grimlock!"

"Hey!" Russel yelled causing everyone to look down at him, "I don't think Grimlock's in control of himself! He wanted to hit me but he couldn't..." he paused, "I-it's like there was a war going on inside him.."

"Accept it Grimlock's just a bad bit whose been playing us for suckers." This statement from Strongarm caused you to lower your optic ridges in anger

"Whatever's going on our first priority is to find Grimlock and that pod." He looked to you, "And bring them both back."

You shook your helm, "This isn't Grim."

"Yeah! What Russel's saying is at least possible right?" Sideswipe asked nervously from your other side, "Tell me you know that."

You looked to Bee and met his optic your optic ridges furrowed. He narrowed his optics in thought. He looked away from your optics to the ground and sighed heavily then walked away.

~

"I can't locate Grimlock's signal." Fix-it said from behind the screen, "The comm and tracking systems were damaged when he hit the console."

"Ok Grim said he was meeting someone," Bee started looking across the wall of the control panel where you stood your optic ridge twitching slightly, "that for they must have set up a rendezvous point."

"It sounded like the original plan was for Grimlock to grab more than one pod." Russel spoke up

"Are there any secluded areas large enough to hold, a dozen or so bots?" Strongarm asked

Russel thought for a moment, "The Crown River Dam! It's huge!"

"And fully automated, no human personnel." Fix-it added

"We'll start there." He snuck a glance at you, "Fix-it, you and Russel try to get the comm systems up and running." He turned to all of you, "Autobots... Maximum Velocity!" He tried that rallying cry which you had to hold a servo over you intake to hide the giggle rising in your throat pipes, there was silence and a slightly disappointed Bee leaned down and added, "Alright just- transform please."

You got up from where you were leaning smugly on the wall and lowered yourself onto all fours and followed after the team as they drove away. Your optics narrowed and tail whipping, you were gonna figure out who did this to your big cubling Grimmy.... and tear their fragGING HELM OFF.