IRL

Eight days. It had been eight days since Chris had woken up without her. And each day had been like its own personal hell. He had only just been cleared to go see her for three days now and he spent every minute he had by her side. He held her hand, kissed it, ran his fingers over her hair, anything he could do to let her know that he was there.

Her parents were there as well, keeping Riley's mind off of everything that had happened. Adam was in custody, He was discharged from hospital only yesterday. The doctors said that Logan was stable now, her coma was only there to help her body heal, but that didn't make the fact that she wasn't with him any better.

Chris sat on the edge of Logan's bed, her hand in his as he watched the news that was covering their story. Her doctor walked in and smiled at him.

"She's doing good today." He smiled down at the girl's boyfriend.

"Yeah. I just wish she'd wake up."

"In due time. Here, let me give her a quick check up." The doctor moved closer to the girl and Chris moved out of the way. The doctor started checking various parts of Logan's body when Riley walked in.

"How it looking doc?"

"She's healing so that's good. MRI shows the swelling has gone down exponentially. If it is her will to wake up, I expect it will be any day now." He smiled over at the girl and she nodded. Riley walked over to the chair that Chris was sitting in and sat on the arm, leaning onto him. If one good thing was to come of this, it would be that Chris and Riley were closer than ever.

"We're going to get her back." Riley said, placing a hand on Chris' shoulder. He took her hand in his.

"I know we are. I just don't want to wait anymore." He whispered. The two sat there in silence, looking at the girl both of them loved. Suddenly Logan shot up from her bed with a large gasp. She looked over at the two as they were stunned from surprise.

"What the hell happened?"