40 Weeks - Esme

The last couple of weeks had been a nightmare. It had been slow and painful to wait for that very last week. (Y/N) had been restless and impatient the whole time. Esme, on the other hand, was calm as ever. She tried to calm (Y/N) down as well and it worked most of the time with Esme distracting her partner in some way, shape or form but sometimes (Y/N) was just too stubborn.

And now there was a new nightmare on hand. It was three days after (Y/N)s estimated due date and the girl was stressing. She had been looking up ways to escalate her birth on the internet like eating a certain thing or doing a certain action over and over again. But nothing was working. Esme was once more the calm one.

"(Y/N) please just be patient." Esme pleaded as (Y/N) sat sniffling on the couch next to her. She wasn't full on sobbing but she was definitely shedding a few tears. "It's normal to go over date. Do you know how little a percentage of women actually give birth on their due date?"

"Yeah, I know that but..." (Y/N) wiped her nose as she looked over to Esme. "What if something is wrong and that's why he isn't coming out?"

"We've already gotten him checked." Esme reminded as she moved a bit closer to (Y/N). "The doctors said he was healthy in there and that he just needs a bit more time. So be patient, alright?"

"I just wish we had our baby already!" (Y/N) whined as she rubbed her stomach with a sad scowl on her face.

"He'll come out when he's ready." Esme reminded as she took (Y/N)s hands and held them up. "Now, take a deep breath and calm down. Stressing isn't healthy for you or the little one."

"I'm sorry." (Y/N) mumbled as she sighed out.

"Don't apologize." Esme placed a quick kiss on (Y/N)s forehead. "Just breathe in and then out again."

"Okay..." (Y/N) did as instructed before wincing a bit. "I'm sorry for being so childish lately."

Esme just smiled, brushing a few tears from (Y/N)s cheeks. "It's the hormones. Nothing unusual there. Is there anything I can get for you though? You seem a little warm."

"No, I'm fine." (Y/N) shook her head with a small smile. "I think I'd just like to be with you right now."

"Alright then." Esme smiled warmly at (Y/N) before (Y/N) leaned forward and planted a quick kiss on her partners lips. Esme chuckled. "What was that for?"

"A reward." (Y/N) giggled. "For being such an amazing partner and soon to be mother."

"You're reward enough for me (Y/N)." Esme said, making (Y/N) blush a bit. Esme let out a warm chuckle as she pulled (Y/N) into a hug. "I couldn't wish for someone more perfect than you."

"And I couldn't wish for someone more amazing than you." (Y/N) retorted as she leaned her forehead against Esmes. The two smiled as they looked lovingly into each others eyes. This was all they needed right now.