Chapter 2

He stared at me, his expression blank, but lust filled his eyes as he looked me up and down, I had a feeling I looked the same way.

"Piper?" My dad asked "Hello?"

"Mate" I blurted without thinking then, embarrassed I looked down and my mom and Luna Amber gasped, frantically looking around for who I had just said that to. Trace frowned, confused as to why I said that, and my Dad just stared at me in shock.

"Mate" A deep voice softly said, repeating what I had said previously,

"And who is she?" Alpha Jared asked curiously, seeing his Beta had found the one the moon goddess gave him.

"This is Piper, my daughter" My Dad said proudly, wrapping an arm around me.

"Well, Piper, I hope you will enjoy this pack" Alpha Jared said with a smile before turning and walking off, I had missed the whole conversation?! Everyone else started to follow Jared, but I stood there, as did Dakota, he looked at me through his hair that fell in his face, a smile on his gorgeous lips, as he walked up to me, his arm wrapping around my waist.

"Hey, Piper" he whispered in my ear huskily, and delicious sparks erupted on my skin.

"Hello Dakota" I murmured, and he grinned.

"I like that" he said happily

"What?" I asked, furrowing my brows in confusion,

"My name... on your lips" he said lowly, reaching up to delicately touch my lips before he smiled at me.

"Now... how about this?" He asks before pulling me closer to his chest so we were against each other, lust swirling in his eyes, and he bit his lip before pulling me into a kiss, he kissed me intensely, like he was afraid I was going to disappear right in front of him. When he pulled away, I was out of breath, touching my swollen lips, I smiled up at him, my whole body felt like it was on fire, only it didn't burn, it delighted me and my wolf was bouncing with joy. He pulled me impossibly closer, burying his head in the crook of my neck and inhaling my scent.

"I will see you later, my love" he said softly, planting a kiss on my forehead before he headed to the pack house, smiling, I stood there in shock, Wow...

"Wow! That was great!" A voice laughed, clapping their hands, I whirled around to see Jared, his blonde hair pushed to the side, "I come to get you, and what do I see? You and my Beta having a make out session?!" I immediately blush, looking at the ground, Wow... has the grass always been so green?... "That was pretty intense... I think I'm scarred for life" he dramatically shuddered, coming up to me and putting his hand beneath my chin so I would look at him. "Come on! I was just kidding" he laughed, amusement swirling in his eyes.

"Something tells me you're going to be very annoying" I state, and he starts to crack up, I just stare at his laughing form in shock. It wasn't that funny... I thought and he looked back at me after he stopped, wiping some invisible tears away from his eyes.

"Yes, very" he said in a serious tone, and I smiled, and he smiled like he won the lottery. "You do smile! You are normal!" he exclaimed, and I shook my head.

"Weren't you here for something?" I asked, my smile replaced with an annoyed scowl, and he nodded.

"Oh yeah, I will take you to your family now" he said, taking the lead, "But you're gonna need to learn this place soon"

"Yeah, I guess" I said with a shrug.

We soon fell into an easy conversation, and he started to joke around, but one question came to mind when we were talking,

"Do you have a mate?" I asked, and his face fell, and I immediately knew the answer, "Oh, I'm sorry I asked"

"No, it's ok, I need to find a Luna eventually... but I am still hoping that it's my true mate" he sighed,

"Well, let's change the topic" I said quickly, and he nodded gratefully, his mood perked up a bit, but not like it was before as we continued to talk.

***

"Well, here you are" he pointed to a field, were my parents, Trace and his parents were standing, talking to a few pack members from here.

"Thanks" I gave him a smile, and he winked at me before walking off, and I walked over to where my pack was.

"So... your mate is Dakota?" Trace asked, smirking,

"Yeah..." I said hesitantly, I didn't like that smirk,

"Well, you should have been here when your Dad was talking to him!" He laughed out loud, causing Alpha David to turn and glare at him for being so loud, and Trace quieted. "Anyway... Dakota was so freaked out! It was hilarious"

"What?" I gasped in horror, Oh great!

"Don't worry, he was just giving him 'the Dad talk' you know, threatening him, perfectly normal" he said with a wink, and I scowled, my Dad might be older than me but I can still scold him!

"Well I will be having a conversation with him later!" I growled low, glaring at my Dad's back.

"Oooo, he better get ready, you are a force to be reckoned with" he said sarcastically, and I turned my glare on him. "Ok! I'm sorry! Please don't kill me!" He put his hands in front of his face protectively.

"Whatever" I scoff, turning back to glare at my dad, who I guess felt me stare and turned back only to see my glare, widening his eyes and gulping he quickly turned back, scooting closer to my mother.

"He better be afraid" I growled, to no one in particular.

"Big Bad Piper" Trace muttered under his breath, and I smacked him on the back of the head. "Owwww" he whined, rubbing the spot he was smacked on. "That hurt Piper" he sniffled, pouting and I just rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, baby"

***

Hey!!! How did you like this chapter??

What do you think of Trace and Jared? I wanted them to be the funny guys, hope I did well ;)

Anyway, please share the love by

Voting

Commenting

And, Sharing!

Please also check out my other stories!!

Thanks for reading :)

Until the next update, Bye!