Chapter 9

"I win!" Kayla bragged, jumping out of her seat and causing the chair to squeal against the floor. We had finished our 5th game of UNO and she won... every freaking time.

"Yay" I exclaimed sarcastically and she stuck her tongue out, Landon chuckled at his mate's playfulness while leaning back in his chair. "I demand a rematch" I stated, just like all the other times after she won.

"Well, ok... but I'm gonna win!"

"We shall see" I smirked,

"I warned you!" She grinned, shuffling the cards before dealing them out to the three of us. I took my cards and looked at them discreetly, I got some good cards! I smirked before focusing on the game.

***
"I win! Finally!" I screamed triumphantly, throwing my hands in the air and nearly jumping out of my chair. "Praise the lord!" I smiled and Kayla laughed her head off at me while Landon chuckled.

"What did I miss?" Someone asked from behind me, I turned to see Dakota smirking at me and I blushed a little before smiling and hugging him excitedly.

"I won UNO!!!! Finally!!!" I grinned before kissing his cheek. He laughed at me and I just smiled, I'm glad Kayla didn't bring up the whole rogue thing, I would need to tell him myself later. Dakota winked down at me before he smiled at Landon and Kayla.

"Well, we are gonna go, is that alright with you?" Dakota asked, Landon and Kayla nodded.

"Fine by me! She won't have to suffer losing now" She smirked and I frowned at her, she winked, wiggling her eyebrows, I rolled my eyes before taking Dakota's hand and he led us back to our room.

***

"What?!" Dakota growled, his form was quivering with rage and I think my hand on his back was the only thing keeping him from shifting right then and there. I had just told him about this rogue, he was ready to rip some heads at this point. "You think she's going to kill me?" He asked, and I nodded, biting my bottom lip nervously, I felt my eyes get watery at the thought of Dakota's lifeless body hanging from a wolves mouth I couldn't bare to lose the love of my life.

"Y-yeah" I stuttered, a few tears trailing down my cheeks.

"Don't cry Piper" He whispered, pulling me into a tight embrace and burying his face in my hair. "You know I don't want you to cry"

"I-I just don't want to lose you!" That single sentence unleashed the floodgates and tears poured down my face. Dakota pulled away from me worriedly, cupping my face with his hands.

"Hey, it's alright you won't lose me" he promised, rubbing circles on my cheek with his thumb, I took a shaky breath to try and calm myself before Dakota wrapped his arms around me and pulled me onto his lap and hugging me, he kissed the top of my head. I leaned into him and he sighed, "Sorry about raging" he said apologetically and I just shook my head in dismissal.

"It's fine, It's not your fault" I mumbled, he nodded his head before giving me a squeeze then moving me beside him and he leaned back on the bed.

"I should tell Jared, You are not leaving my side unless it's with someone I trust." Dakota said, running a hand down his face in annoyance, "Which also means I need to double the patrols" he added, I just nodded and he gave me a small smile. "You should rest, you look tired" He said, motioning to the way my eyes were drooping. I sighed in submission,

"I really am tired" I mumbled and he nodded, getting off the bed and helping lay me down on the mattress, before my head even hit the pillow I was asleep.

***

"Why hello Piper" A cold voice said, it sent chills up my spine but I refused to shiver in fear. I would be strong, not just for me but for Dakota. "I've been waiting for you to fall asleep, I've been planning this conversation for... hmm... months?" She tapped her chin in thought and I took this time to examine her, she had black oily hair that made me gag just looking at it, her small yellow slits for eyes glowed brightly as she studied me intently.

"What do you want?" I asked, forcing myself to act confident and unaffected by the strange feeling in the room.

"Just... a chat" she said, pausing a bit and I tried to move but noticed chains attached to my ankles and wrists.

"And these?" I growled, she chuckled.

"I'm no fool, I knew you would attack me if I told you anything, so I made sure when you entered this 'dream'" she put air-quotes around the word dream, only she seemed to keep one hand in her pocket. "That you would come in those chains, because any damage done to you or me here can affect us in the real world" she mused, I frowned.

"Where are we now then?" I asked, she chuckled,

"Curiosity killed the cat" she chuckled, wrapping a strand of oily hair around one of her fingers and twisting it. "To answer that question, thanks to this" she took her hand out of her pocket to reveal a small rock "This is a dream stone, it allows me to control someone else's dream" she said, and I bit my lip, "Anyway, back to the point, I would like you to meet me in the woods, next week at midnight without others. After all, your actions come with consequences." She smirked and I shivered.

"Why?"

"You will find out soon enough" she mused, walking up to me and righting my restraints so they cut into my skin. "And these will be reminders" she said coldly, and the dream turned dark.

***

I jolted upright in the bed placing a hand over my heart, then looking to see Dakota sleeping peacefully, I snuck into the restroom in our little room and looked in the mirror. I rolled up my sleeves and pant legs only to see the piercing's in them from the restraints, and long red marks from where they had been.

"It was real" I stated, horrified.

***
A/N

I finished a chapter!!! Proud of me?? Cause I am :)

I have decided I'm going to update every Monday! This Monday included!!!!!

Your reads mean the world to me! I am so excited the TBAI ( The Beta And I ) reach 600+ VIEWS!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!

I will also be writing a book with my BFF Jessieboo333 So I hope you check it out on my page when it's out!

THANKS FOR READING!!!!!!!!

Please,

Vote

Comment

And, Share!!!

UNTIL THE NEXT UPDATE!!! ( MONDAY!!! ONLY 3 DAYS! )