43 - Esther

Sorry for the wait, I've been having writer's block!!!

Scott and Mitch sat down in one side of a booth at the restaurant Esther had picked and Mitch grabbed onto Scott's hand. They were sitting close together, their thighs touching, and Mitch was glad for the small comfort. He felt safe when he was close to Scott.

"Don't be so nervous," Scott whispered, leaning down to give Mitch a kiss. "Essie's going to love you." Mitch giggled quietly and Scott grinned. "But not as much as I do, I'm sure."

At Mitch's blush, Scott laughed and pressed another kiss to his lips. "I love you too," Mitch replied, moving even closer to Scott. They were whispering to each other when Esther sat down across from them. "Hey guys," she grinned, easily interrupting their conversation. Scott beamed back and squeezed Mitch's hand comfortingly.

"Hi," Mitch smiled nervously. "Hey Essie, this is my boyfriend Mitch," Scott introduced happily. He loved calling Mitch his boyfriend. Esther smiled at them, noticing their closeness, pleased that Scott had finally found someone like Mitch. She could already tell that this boy was special.

The three made small talk for a few minutes while looking through their menues, trying to decide what to eat for lunch. Scott and Mitch ended up chosing to split a medium-sized pizza, which Esther chose a pasta dish. Once they had all ordered, Esther got right down to business.

"So Mitch, my brother tells me that you're an amazing singer. Well, so do Scott, Kirstie and Kevin." She chuckled a bit as Scott nodded his head. "The band and I have a proposition for you and it's perfectly okay if you say no."

That scared Mitch a little but he nodded slowly, squeezing Scott's hand nervously. "I showed her a video of you singing," Scott smiled, looking down at his boyfriend. "She loved it!" Esther grinned and Mitch flushed lightly with pride. The manager of his favorite band thought he was a good singer!

"Mitch, how would feel about joining Quadritonix?" Esther asked, looking at Mitch with a glimmer of hope in her eyes. Not quite understanding the question, Mitch frowned, crunching his eyebrows together in thought. "What do you mean?" He asked after a moment. She paused to think of a different way to ask it. "How would you feel about being part of the band?"