7: Mirror Me

Somehow the body is able to move in miraculous ways, maybe more than once because of this fact it has saved my life.

In this case Oscar dances in front of me which is more amusing and quite frankly less life threatening.

His arms flow around his body making it look like he is pushing invisible objects around him. He does this so effortlessly, his face isn't even serious from focusing, it comes naturally to him, like breathing.

"You wanna try?" he lays back on his elbows beside me.

I know I am too stiff to do anything he did. I have trained my body to fight people like Ake, to be tough and survive the worst not to dance with grace.

"You know I can't do that." I glance away, I worry he is going to force me.

"Come on, it'll be good for you." He brings me to my feet handing me a pair of stretchy pants, a red plaid shirt and a white sports bra with a check mark in the centre.

"What's this?"

"Dance clothes, Hollister and Nike, the nicest clothes you can get."

I move in the back room to change, but as I see the final product in the mirror I get extremely self conscious.

I have so many scars from battle tainting the perfection of my once clear skin. Ake's stab wound is almost clear now but the way it broke my skin it shows out the hem of my pants I cannot help to hide it at all.

My back is worse than my front, along my spine are slash marks in all directions from being whipped so harshly. I want to spare him from the dark stories so I conceal my frame with the plaid shirt.

I walk out to meet him once again and he begins to chuckle.

"You wear your shirt like this." he continues to separate the buttons and slide it off my arms and wrap it around my waist.

"Oh my gosh! Freja, what happened to you?" his fingers trace the swollen bellowing of my skin where the long skinny scars have healed over.

"I've fought battles beyond my abilities to explain them to you, please ignore them." I try breathing but my throat seems to close until I can forget about them.

I can see he doesn't want to forget them.

"Freja if you are in any danger you can tell me."

"I'm not though, you don't have anything to worry about." I bring him back to his feet so he stops looking at my stomach.

He turns to play some quiet music just to count the beat for us, as we are waiting for the words to start he turns to the wall pulling his shirt off and returns standing next to me. In the mirror on the wall I can see we have the same amount of muscles, both four muscles protrude from our stomach, almost six.

"Do you work out?" He asks.

"No." I am truthful but the way he looks at me I'm guessing he doesn't believe it.

"Okay so first hold your body like this." He strikes a pose and I try to mirror him but he walks behind me and fixes my position to his liking.

"Now try this, one..two..three..four, five..six..seven..eight."

He completes a full round of movements I can barely remember.

"Lets try." This time we do it together and it turns out not to bad.

We continue onto the next set of moves, eventually I get the hang of it but I know my body is stiffer than his.

When we finish learning all the moves we then play it to music and it looks not to bad, well, as much as my judgment could tell.