Proposition

Amai POV~

I was laying in complete darkness, the only light that was present was that of the stars above my head. I watched as they moved in a swaying motion, lifting my hand slowly I imagined grabbing them. I retracted my hand as I accepted they were too far away, though I couldn't touch them I couldn't help but look at the beautiful orbs. 

"Amai" a voice broke through the thick silence. I began to sway gently as if my body was moving itself, a warmth was present on my shoulder.

"Come on wake up" they said again.

Slowly my eyes began to flutter open, I was looking at the creamy ceiling, dappled with dim sunlight. To my left there was a figure, slowly I turned my head to see Nevaeh. I layed there staring for a good couple of seconds before I registered what was going on. As soon as I did I shot upright trying to seem somewhat dignified. Turning my head left I looked at Nevaeh who displayed a gentle smile on her face. I could now see her clearly as dim sunlight highlighted her features, the shadows outlining her structure. She still had the same  gentle hazel eyes as before. Her hair was slightly greasy as it wavered in the gentle breeze coming in through the open window.  She was holding a pile of clothing, I held my injured shoulder as it ached dully. 

"I'm really sorry for waking you up  but you've been asked to meet the commander" quickly apologized lowering her head slightly as she did so. I was confused as to why this commander would want to see me, and what he was going to do. Fear began to swirl in my chest as I imagined him sending me back underground. 

"I-it's okay" I stuttered, wondering if it was too late to escape. That was a stupid idea, and there was no way I could climb out of the window without further injuring myself.

"Good to hear, here's some clothes to get changed into. You can have a shower after dinner, but for the meantime just get changed into these" She said passing me the clothing, I outstretched my uninjured arm and took the bundle of material from her. 

"I'll meet you outside the door" they were warm from her body heat, I took them gratefully. Dinner and a shower sounded amazing, but was I going to stay here much longer? She obviously thought so.

"Thanks" I said, she walked out of the room and closed the door. I climbed out of bed as quickly as I could, only to realize I still had my boots on from my escape attempt. My mother would have killed me if she had I slept on a bed with shoes on. I shook my head vigorously, I hated that woman. Pushing any memories of her aside I continued my task, I placed the clothes on the bed in front of me, I could stand much easier than last time, it was no longer an effort. The ache in my head had dispersed and was no longer present, I was glad that the dizziness that accompanied the pain had vanished. I took a quick glance out of the window to see the same beautiful landscape, only this time the sun was beginning to set. The bright blue colour of the sky turned into hues of orange and purple. Dark blue clouds covered the sky, highlighted in tones of pink.  I drank in the sight eagerly, burning it into memory as it might be my last chance to see a sunset. I took a quick glance at the table beside my bed, the dirty dishes were now gone, Nevaeh must have taken them out.

 I sorted through the clothes to find a black, button up, long sleeved shirt. Taking the sling off my arm I carefully put on the shirt, trying not to move my shoulder. I placed my sling back on carefully as I grabbed the next article of clothing. I hastily took off my boots and slipped into a pair of the same white pants that the cadet wore. I put my boots back on as fast as I could, before grabbing the last article of clothing that was a plain dark green cloak. I tied it around my neck, patting my hair down slightly, cringing as I felt the blood embedded in the strands, I walked out of the room to find Nevaeh waiting.