Instructors

Amai POV~

The cool summer air blew in through the window, accompanied by the hazy light emitting from the moon. I had been laying in bed for hours, thinking about what was to happen tomorrow. Had I been an idiot to take this offer? No, anybody in the same position would have taken it. I continued to battle with my thoughts, lying on my side while staring blankly at the other side of the room.  I could smell a sweet scent emanating from my hair, I had finally been able to wash the dried blood off of my body. At dinner I had been able to eat a warm meal, something I'm not accustomed to. The room was warm and everyone seemed to be enjoying interacting with each other, it brought a smile to my face as I thought about the atmosphere.  A few people talked to me and asked questions, but I stayed close to Nevaeh the whole time. I didn't want to seem clingy, but she was the only person I really knew. Brinley didn't seem to pay attention to me for the rest of the night, though I was grateful, I would eventually have to apologize one day.

  I could barely  remember the names of those who did talk to me, Hadley was the only name I could recognize from when Nevaeh first talked to me and mentioned her. She was almost the same height as Brinley, but with a more muscular build.  Her curly dark brown hair with hints of red fell just below her jaw, outlining her sharp jawline. Her eyes were round, similar to mine but were slightly sharper. Her irises were a beautiful dark colour, that reminded me of pure black ink on crisp white paper, that lit up with a purple flare when touched by candle light. She had pale bow shaped lips under a slightly broad tipped nose, little scars were scattered across her olive skin. She was kind towards those around her, and she had a strong trait of leadership in her personality. She was quiet and reserved, only contributing to the conversation when necessary. I enjoyed being in her company, and I wouldn't mind being around her more often. If I was able to do so.  At dinner I felt as if I had let my guard come down slightly, and instead of worrying I was able to enjoy myself for a while. It felt nice. Although, I was still cautious of what I said to people, and kept an eye on my surroundings. I was still paranoid that I was going to be attacked or they would somehow find out about my past and despise me for it. Though I stuck by Nevaeh and Hadley, there was something stopping me from trusting them completely. There was a few other people I talked to but I didn't really remember them all. According to their questions about me fighting two military police,  it seemed that nobody else suspected I was from the underground so far. I will have to make sure it stays that way.

So far I haven't seen the man that helped me again, I was getting slightly annoyed that I haven't been able to thank him properly, and apologize. He must have been busy with something during dinner, or my eyes scanned over him in the crowd. I sighed as I thought about my training for tomorrow, I would have to train vigorously to achieve this goal. Could I do it though?  Hopefully.  I was also concerned as to who would be my instructors, commander Erwin said that I would be meeting them tomorrow. Though another question kept gnawing at my mind, why did the commander take me in so eagerly? Was it pity? Was it because one of the cadets helped out? Or was there a more serious reason behind it? My thoughts became scattered as I drifted peacefully into a deep sleep.

------------------

I groaned as I opened my eyes, snuggling into my covers further I ignored the dim grey light streaming in through the windows. I felt my consciousness slipping away as I began to return to a blissful sleep, when suddenly, like a punch to the face, I remembered what I had to do today. I violently threw back the covers of the bed, ignoring my morning grogginess. Hadley told me that if I didn't know who my instructors were by the end of breakfast, she would help me, so it gave me some confidence for the day. What time did they have breakfast again?  After the sunrise, I think that's what Nevaeh said. I slowly got out of bed, stiffening slightly when the cold, hard floor touched my feet, being careful not to make a sound I started to walk over to the uniform I received last night. While doing so I looked out the open window, giving me a view of the dull morning sky. The sky was a murky blue, that faded into a metallic grey as it reached the horizon. Dark blue clouds hovered above, blocking the growing the light behind it. They feathered out across the sky, their rims tinted with a silver glow. The land beneath was barely distinguishable in the faint glow, the light overpowered by the dense shadow.  I was guessing the sun was going to rise soon, I ripped myself from the scene once again and picked up my uniform clumsily with one hand. Making my way back to my bed I threw the clothes onto the sheets, I examined the uniform I would be wearing today.