Titans

"Titans do not need food to survive, they can last years without consuming anything. Meaning that, they only eat humans for pure pleasure" Hanje stated, standing in front of a large blackboard with the outline of a human figure drawn on it. I was the only other person in the room, she was teaching me everything I would need to know about titans. Pale sunlight streamed in through the large arched windows, lighting up the large room. It had rows upon rows of wooden desks and chairs, I was situated in the front row. I turned my attention back to Hanje's teaching, I shuddered at the thought of killing humans for pleasure.

"So they don't have a reason to eat us, that's just horrible" I muttered in shock, if they could survive then why eat humans? Hanje didn't hear my comment as she turned towards the board and picked up a piece of chalk.

"Titans are able to regenerate their body, meaning that they do not die. Even if their head is blown off, they would be able to grow it back within a matter of minutes" She stated, I creased my eyebrows, then how do humans kill them? These creatures seemed terrifying, I couldn't imagine such a beast existing. Apparently, despite lacking genitals, they look like the average human male, and some disfigurement of their body was always present. She also talked about abnormal's, titans that show intelligence and odd behavior.

"Ho-how do we kill them then?" I asked Hanje hoping for an answer to write down. I had wrote down her previous words of the titans being able to regenerate. I also decided to draw a rough outline of a human figure, it was messy but recognizable.

"Well, there is one spot where they are vulnerable. If you slice the nape, the titan will die and not regenerate. In a few minutes their body will disintegrate and will turn into nothing more than a pile of remains" She said drawing a large circle on the neck of the human drawing, I did the same to my figure. I looked at the first few pages of my book, it was covered in my writing and diagrams. Hanje had given me a full-on lecture, telling me everything to know about titans. She said that tomorrow I was to learn about the ODM gear, which apparently, I will be using to kill these titans.

"Ah, it's lunch, that means my teaching is over" she said stretching her arms over her head, before breaking into a loud yawn. I closed my books and piled up my gear, and held it in my un-injured arm. She watched me slightly as I did this. I got out of my seat and came to the front of the room, she seemed to be waiting for me.

"Thank you for teaching me today" I said as soon as I was in front of her, she just smiled and waved her hands slightly.

"Don't worry, I can't wait to do it again, I love speaking about my little titan babies" she said a blush creeping across her face as soon as she thought of titans. I was confused by her obsession with the creatures, why was she so obsessed with something that could easily kill her? I exhaled lightly, she was passionate about it, and it makes her happy when she talks about them. I guess there's no harm in having a fascination with them, I did find the creatures interesting but not to the same extent as Hanje.

"Do you know if I have anything on this afternoon?" I questioned, I didn't want to be too reliant on her but right now she knew what was going on more than me. She looked up slightly as if trying to remember something, I waited a response.

"Uh, no you don't have anything for the rest of the day. Tomorrow you have another lesson from me about ODM gear, and also you'll be meeting Petra to learn about formations" She informed me, I nodded trying to remember what she said. I wonder when I will get to try out the ODM gear... Especially since Levi said not for a while.

"Sounds good" I replied, flashing a smile at her. I had learnt quite a bit about Hanje during the morning, and I had taken quite a liking to her and her antics. She was definitely an interesting character, but a lovable one at that. My uneasiness had settled as she started to teach me, it was easy to be calm around the titan lover. Though, like for Nevaeh and the others I still felt something holding me back from being completely relaxed.