chapter one

"lizzy! wake up or you're going to be late for school!" my mom shouted.

i'm elizabeth but my friends call me lizzy - i find it more welcoming.

i got up and immediately went to the bathroom, then i washed my face with cold water to look less grumpy.
i went downstairs and said hi to my parents who were cooking breakfast. my sister chuck was still in her room, probably getting ready. my brother charlie was on the couch with his girlfriend marina; they were cuddling while watching tv.

i coughed to get their attention.
"good morning charlie. hey.. marina," i said.
"hey !", they both responded in unison.

i've always thought marina was very beautiful. her curly hair made her look glamorous, her brown bambi eyes were so cute, yet so sexy. the way she was making me feel was weird. was i starting to have feelings for her? that'd be so unhealthy, and i'm straight anyways.

i had breakfast with my parents, and kept staring at charlie and marina. they looked so happy together, i felt like i was going to ruin everything if that was really how i felt. i've never fallen for a girl before, and even less for a girl that is actually my brother's girlfriend.

i was drowning in my thoughts when my dad gently tapped my shoulder: "lizzy, honey, you really need to hurry up. it's 7:55 am and you have class at 8:15 am. it's your first day of school, you can't be late! i'll give you a ride if you're ready in 5" he said.

i nodded and quickly went upstairs to get dressed. i put on high waisted blue mom jeans and a white shirt that let my collarbones clearly appear. i decided to wear my fave sneakers that were old skool vans; basic but efficient, right?

i took my tote bag with my school stuff in it and got in my dad's white mustang.

it was 8:10 am when i arrived at school. i was kind of excited to freshly start a new grade; maybe i'd meet new people.
my schedule said that i started with math class. i truly hated math... until i came in front of the class. my eyes widened when i saw marina waiting. i didn't even see her leave our house earlier. was she going to be in the same class as me?

she turned around and looked at me intensely. i gave her a shy smile and she walked towards me, smiling back.

"so i guess we're in the same class, huh? how cool!" she softly said.
"yeah," i answered. "this year is gonna be fun"
"want to sit together?"
i nodded. we walked in the class as the teacher told us to. she was introducing herself while we were looking for our seats.

"well, good morning, fellow students. i'm ms. parker and i teach math. i know most of you don't like it but i'll make you!" she chuckled.

i couldn't really concentrate during this class because i felt marina stare at me the entire hour. when i looked at her to see if i was right, she quickly looked away, her cheeks blushing.

damn, i thought. this year was definitely going to be interesting.

note: this is my first fic so be nice :) also english isn't my first language so if there's any grammar mistake just tell me ! i hope u enjoy girlies