chapter two

it was 3 pm and school was finally over. it was kind of boring, because marina and i didn't really talk: we just secretly stared at each other. when i got out of the school, marina was already in the parking lot, she smiled in my direction.

"hey lizzy, i'm actually going to your place to hang out with your brother. let's go home together?"
"sure," i said. as long as i'm with you.

we quickly got in her car and marina put on some music, charli xcx's "bounce". it was such a bop! we both started dancing like crazy as the beat dropped. marina was laughing the whole time; it was the cutest thing ever.

as we came back home, charlie was already there and kissed marina. she immediately backed off, not kissing back.

"charlie, not now,"
"woah marina, seriously?"
"i'm tired okay?" she dryly replied.

charlie seemed mad after this. he went back to his room, leaving marina and i alone.

"umm, i know i was supposed to hang with charlie but now that we kinda fought.. can we stay together?" marina shyly asked.
"i mean.. sure! what do you want to do? i could make us pancakes. mine are the best. you'll be impressed," i said.
"i can't wait to see that," she winked at me. shit. i was blushing.

i didn't say anything after that. marina was really confusing me. did she act like that with every person she met?

i went to the kitchen to make pancakes while marina lay on the couch, playing on her phone.

"marina! shit's ready, get up," i shouted.
"i'm coming, i'm coming babe,"

babe? god, here i am, blushing again. i hope she didn't notice.

"okay let's see how they taste," marina took a bite and chuckled.
"what's so funny?"
"girl... those are the best pancakes i've ever had. you got some talent!"
"told ya!"

after we finished eating, we watched some comedy show on netflix. i felt her stare on me, just like she did in class earlier. i was way too shy to look at her back, i knew it would've been awkward if i did.

*

"fuck, it's already 7 pm! i'm sorry but i need to go lizzy. i was supposed to be home at like 5," marina quickly got up and took her bag. "i'll see you tomorrow?" she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

i felt my cheeks burn once more. i swear to god, she was the death of me.

"i- yes.. see you tomorrow marina," i smiled and closed the door.
i later realized that she didn't even say goodbye to charlie.

*

after a while, i was still chilling on the couch when i heard charlie come downstairs. he asked me where marina was, i told him that she was gone. he looked pretty angry.

"what? she didn't say goodbye," he mumbled as he was already leaving the living room.

she didn't say goodbye to you.

note: sooo there it is,, tell me what u think. i know it's kinda short but i hope u enjoy (: