chapter six

marina and i went to the nearest coffee shop to grab breakfast. i couldn't believe what just happened; she was my brother's girl. i knew we would have to talk about it sooner or later so i thought now was the right moment.

"marina," i said.
"i don't like when you're saying my name like that, i'm worried," she smiled.

deep down, she knew i couldn't resist that smile. i really didn't want to ruin the moment but...

"you know we have to talk.. about my brother."
"i know, but not right now lizzy. everything is going so well, i don't want to talk about him. i feel like i'm a disgusting person," she said.
"you're not. trust me, you're not. you can't control your feelings but it's also my fault. we probably shouldn't have done that... i... think we took things too quickly. i don't want to hurt charlie."

her smile disappeared. she got up and left the coffee shop before i could even grab her arm.

*

"hey, lizzy," charlie knocked at my bedroom door. "can i come in?"
"sure, wait a minute," i tried to wipe off my tears and then opened the door.
"you.. don't look so great. guy problems?"

you don't even know, charlie.

"more or less, i guess."
"we're in the same situation, then," he giggled. "everything is so complicated. i can't stop thinking about marina. she never replied to any of my texts asking her what i did wrong."
"same here, except that i know what i did wrong."
"hey," he pulled for a hug. "you know it's going to be alright. i'm here if you want to talk about it."

oh, charlie... you're the last person i'd talk about it to.

"LUNCH!" my mom shouted. i let out a small smile at charlie and went downstairs.

*
i received a text from marina in the evening.

marina (9:12 pm): i'm sorry i left like that. can we talk?
me (9:14 pm): sure. what's up?
marina (9:15 pm): i mean... can we just meet up? i'm at your door
me (9:16 pm): whattt??? i'm coming

i told my parents i would go for a walk because i ate too much (that was true though). i was closing the door when marina grabbed me and pinned me against the wall. she leaned in but i pushed her away.

"i thought we were supposed to talk, marina," i was heavily breathing.
"we don't need to talk," she leaned in again but this time i couldn't push her away. our lips met again and that was heavenly; then i heard the door open.

oh, shit.

note: helloooo super short chapter but i just wanted to update so yall know i'm not dead. i just didn't have the time bc of school :/ tell me what u think about this chapter !!