chapter five

i woke up the next morning in a bed, probably still at kali's place. i had the worst headache ever; i guess drinking wasn't my thing.

i really couldn't remember much about last night... i turned my head and saw marina sleeping next to me.

what happened last night? i had to ask marina about it but didn't want to wake her up. she looked so soft and beautiful.

i was still looking at her when she woke up; it was around 11 am.
"oh.. how long have you been awake?" she asked.
"i don't know, less than an hour perhaps. where are we?"
"you don't remember?" she seemed surprised. "we're in my bedroom, liz."

so we weren't at kali's place.

"i need you to tell me everything that happened last night, marina, i think i was too drunk," i said.

she looked so confused. i felt bad for not remembering anything.

"uh, we were outside to have a smoke and basically i.. are you sure you can't remember?"

i felt like she was hiding something from me. i had to know.

"i really can't, marina. just tell me how i ended up here."
"we kissed, liz. but then you started feeling dizzy so i took you at my place, which wasn't far."
"wh- what?"
"elizabeth," she said. "i can explain."
"can we just.. talk about it later?"

she nodded and got out of bed; she was only wearing panties and an oversized shirt. i couldn't look at her without thinking about how it could've happened.

i was still lying in bed when i had a flashback of last night. i was so drunk, really. it was almost embarrassing.
i think i was smoking a cig and marina was stroking my cheek with her thumb.

at this moment, i remembered everything about last night. i knew i liked her that way; i just couldn't do this to my brother. marina probably broke up with him so she could be with me. i wanted to be with her too, but it would make everything so much more complicated.

*

marina came back from the shower, wet hair and underwear. she caught me staring at her and giggled.

"why are you looking at me like this?"
"i just can't believe how sexy you are," i whispered. did i really just say that?

her cheeks instantly became red. she leaned closer to the bed and i grabbed her shoulders, pushing her on the bed. i got on top of her; she was breathing heavily.

we intensely stared at each other for at least thirty seconds. but i couldn't handle it anymore.
i grabbed the back of her neck and passionately pressed my lips against hers. she didn't kiss back at first, probably surprised that i made the first move. when she finally did, i felt relieved.

after several minutes, i pulled back and left a little mark on her neck. she smiled. damn marina, back at it again with the beautiful smile.

"wow, liz. you taste like cherry, i like it," she said.

i smiled.

note: im sorry i took so long to update ); school started so i've been very busy but anyways tell me what u think and don't forget to leave a like!