chapter three

i was so glad that it was friday. it meant that i could finally get some rest after such a tiring week.

i was walking to school when i saw marina on the other sidewalk. she was wearing skinny jeans and an oversized adidas sweatshirt. i thought that we were matching because i was wearing adidas track pants. maybe that was meant to happen.

"marina!" i screamed. she turned around and waved at me, coming in my direction.

"hey, liz. you're not late for once, huh?" she smiled.
"i'm trying my fucking best!" i rolled my eyes.

we had physical education in first period. god, i just showered this morning and i was going to sweat like crazy and also look like shit.

when i entered the locker room, marina was already in her sports bra. my jaw dropped (for real). her breasts looked so perfect; let's not even talk about her abs. i kind of wished i had that body.

"you alright liz?" she smirked, making eye contact.
"uh yeah, i was just thinking that i fucking hate p.e.," i tried to justify myself as much as i could. (i probably failed since she gave me such a flirty look.)

i was taking my pants off when marina whispered in my ear.
"damn, elizabeth grant, i didn't know you looked like a fucking goddess."

what was i supposed to say? i was frozen, yet my cheeks were so warm.

"right back at you," i eventually said. she gave me a kiss on the cheek (but this time, it was closer to my mouth.)

oh god, why would i even say that? marina was my brother's girlfriend, and even though they have been in an argument for a few days now, i couldn't act like that around her. she really had something special, but i couldn't figure out what. i wasn't surprised that my brother liked her.

after p.e., i quickly changed and started heading to french class. some people were already there. i realized that they all seemed cool, but that i hadn't talked to them at all since the beginning of the week because i was perhaps too focused on marina.

"hey," i smiled at them.
"hi lizzy," one of them said. i believe her name was kali. "i'm throwing a party at my place tonight, would you like to come?"
"sure, i'll give you my number so you can text me your address, yeah?" i answered. i actually wanted to rest tonight but i could make new friends there.
"cool, see you tonight lady," she winked, entering the classroom with her crew.

i turned around and saw marina, running not to be late.
"who's the late one now?" i laughed.
"fuck off, grant," she whispered. she sounded hot even when she cussed.
"there's a party tonight at kali's, you coming?"
"perhaps," she said. "i wasn't sure but since you're going, i'm definitely going."

when i got home after school, i decided to make coffee since i was tired. tonight was going to be fun, i knew it. i just needed to wait and see. i just took a sip of my freshly made coffee when i heard the door open. it was charlie; he seemed sad.

"hey, lizzy," he sighed.
"what's going on charlie? you look sad," i softly responded.
"marina broke up with me," he eventually said. i immediately hugged him tight. "i don't know why, i don't think i did anything wrong, i loved her. i was in love with her, liz, you don't even know. we've been fighting a lot but i thought it could work out between us," he teared up.
"i'm sorry charlie, i'm so sorry. you know i'm always here for you, right? but right now i need to get ready. i'll see you later, ok? i love you." he nodded and went upstairs.

i needed to know why marina broke up with my brother.

note: tell me what u think about this chapter ladies