Chapter 4

It was now Saturday and I was driving to the new office. I had a few weeks off due to Jacob spontaneously changing the office location and firing everyone but me. To be honest I didn't like Jacob that much. Yeah, he was really attractive and had stunning eyes but behind his looks was his personality and it wasn't that great. He was rude, arrogant and annoying. If we're going to work together then certain things will have to change.

I parked my car and got out. I was dressed in light green skinny jeans that cut off right above my ankles, a plain white t-shirt and a light pink blazer. I had nude pumps. I felt really good and professional. I knew I looked good too. I was ready to work.

As I walked into the new building, I looked up and assessed it. It was way more better looking than the old office that's for sure. It was tall, at least 5 floors and looked very modern and futuristic. 

I strolled inside and looked around. Everything was black and white. The floor was white and all the walls were white. Pieces of furniture were both black and white and there was a large black rug in the center. There was a large plasma screen on the wall and what looked like a mini bar in one corner and a reception area. I walked up to the receptionist and asked for Mr.Edwards.

''The receptionist greeted me with a warm smile and said, ''Take the elevator right there, floor 5.'' I looked at her and said my thanks. She was young, not older than 30 and was a small Asian woman. She had short black hair and her name tag read 'Amy C.'' 

I walked over to the elevators and pushed the 'up' symbol and waited for the doors to open. Once they did, I stepped inside and pressed the number 5 and looked up to see the numbers flashing. Everything was all black except there the number pad which each number was gold.

The doors opened after a few minutes and I walked out and looked around. There was one small desk with the normal office supplies like a laptop, printer, office chair and more. The desk of course was black, along with the chair but the laptop was white. The floor was white and there was a black couch on the other side of the room, with a small fridge and a large plasma screen TV on the wall. There was a white coffee table and on top of it was a long slender black pot that had white flowers inside.

I looked straight foward and I saw right through a window which gave me a perfect view of Jacob's office. He sat there staring into a computer screen with his jaw and his fists clenched. He didn't look too happy. 

I walked up to the door and knocked on it three times and looked into the window so he could see who it was. His piercing green eyes looked me up and down before he motioned with his hands for me to come in. I slowly opened the door and walked in, sitting a plush chair that was of course, white.

''Good morning Mr.Edwards.'' I said politely.

''What do you want?'' he rudely replied. I fought the urge to roll my eyes and said, ''Whatever it is that you want.''

''Nothing, now go away. I'm busy.'' he said, turning his gaze on the computer screen.

''Are you sure there isn't anything I could do for you?'' My job is to help him so if he was busy he should give me something to do to help.

''Yes, what I want you to do is to get out of my office. I left some things for you to do on your desk so get to it.'' He said without looking at me. 

I grew frustrated but I got up anyways and walked to the door. Before I closed it to walk out I said, ''If you need anything, I'm here to help.'' 

He gave me a curt nod but still didn't make any eye contact. I closed the door and went to my desk and saw what he gave me to do.

I quickly went to work, calling potential clients and informing them of properties. Around 11:30 I texted April to ask her if we could have lunch together and to see if she could let me use some notes. A few minutes later she called me and we made arrangements to eat at Subway. When the clock struck 12 o'clock I gathered all my things and started to walk towards the elevator before I heard Jacob call out for me.

''Hey! Where are you going?''

''I'm going to lunch. It's 12 o'clock.'' I said as I pointed towards the clock. 

''Did you call the clients?'' 

''Yes sir. They'll be calling you to set up meeting times.'' 

''Good job. Have a nice lunch Ms.Graham.'' he smiled but made no move to go inside.

Wow. This was the first time I've actually seen him smile, and his smile was drop dead gorgeous. He was so cute. He looked so perfect leaning against the door smiling. I soon realized I was staring and must've he realized it cause he started to chuckle.

''Uh, is there anything you need me to get for you while out?'' I gulped. He was staring at me so intensely, I started to squirm. I hated when people stared at me for longer than necessary. Finally he replied, ''No, thank you. Goodbye.'' He shot me another smile, and I nodded back and turned my gaze to the elevator and pressed the button. I could still feel his gaze on me and I wondered why he kept looking at me. 

Finally the elevator door opened and I quickly stepped inside, out of his intense gaze.

------------------------------

A/N; THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, COMMENTS AND VOTE! PLEASE CONTINUE COMMENTING AND VOTING SO I COULD UPDATE QUICKER! LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH :) TAKE A LOOK AT MY OTHER STORY 'CONFLICT OF INTEREST' TOO!