CHAPTER 3

"Ian?"

"Hi" he greets smirking.

"What are you doing here?" I ask surprised.

"I did tell you I was having steak for dinner" he says still smirking.

"But you didn't say it was here" I state crossing my arms.

"Welcome to our home, Ian" my dad says from behind me.

"Thank you for having me" Ian says shaking my dad.

"Is this who you were expecting, dad" I ask my dad.

"Yes, do you know him?" my dad asks.

"Yes, we go to the same school" Ian answers.

"That is true, I forgot about that. Please come in" my dad says allowing Ian in. Wait, hold up, are they telling me Ian Carter, my class mate is the owner of Carter Games?

"Dad, you didn't say it is the guy next door you were expecting" I tell my dad staring at Ian.

"Well, we did say he just moved into the neighborhood"

"Yes but you could have explained further" I say as we join the others in the dining.

"Guess who is here" I tell Asher. He looks up.

"Ian" he says seeing Ian.

"I am so glad you could join us" mum says hugging him.

"Why didn't you say the guy we were waiting for lives next door" Asher asks.

"I asked the same thing" I say.

"Nice" he says and we high five.

"You know Ian?" mum asks.

"Apparently, he goes to their school" Dad says sitting down on the dining.

"Did you buy the house next door by chance or what?" Asher asks and I look at Ian.

"Actually, your dad told me there is a house next to his for sale and assisted me with the purchase" Ian says.

"Lils, I cannot find my shirt in your room" Eli calls from upstairs.

"It must be in the laundry basket then, wear Asher's" I shout back.

"Hurry, mum and dad's guest is here" Asher shouts.

"I'd be there in a minute" Eli answers.

"What happened to Eli's shirt?" I ask.

"He spilled on it when you went to get the door" Asher answers.

"He has clothes in your room?" Ian asks.

"Just like I have some in his house" I answer. He doesn't seem to get it but he doesn't say anything.

We all sit down to eat but we are waiting for Eli to get down here. How long does it take to change a shirt.

"Ian?" Eli says from behind.

"Owner of the game company" Asher says. Eli moves to sit beside me.

"Come seat with me dear, Ian sit with Lily" mum says.

"Thank you for having me again" Ian says and sits with me.

We bless our meal and start digging. We talk about everything and nothing but Ian seems to be reserved. Nobody says anything about it, he would tell us about himself when he feels free with us. Asher, Eli and I talk about our classes and school. Reacting to what Asher is saying, I mistakenly spill a drink on Ian.