CHAPTER 6

"Why Me?!!"

The morning sun is full on hitting my eyes. Why did I not close the blinds last night? Why did I sleep so late?

Arrrggg!!

I roll of my bed and hit the floor with a thud. That early morning sun is not the best way to wake up. Thank goodness I do not have class this early morning, I still have a few hours before class. I crawl to my bathroom and while kneeling, I look at myself in my sink mirror. I look like a crazy person. My hair is all weird because I slept with my hair still damp.

Why?!

I am going to take this day back, I can turn it around. I get up off the floor, play loud music while I lay my bed. There is no better way to wake up than to exercise. I wash my face and brush my teeth and go to my closet and get ready for the gym. I wear a black sports bra and matching black leggings with my trainers. I strap my phone to my arm and put on my air pods. I think I'd for a run before hitting the gym. I send a text to Asher to let him know where I am before walking out the door.

Do not forget to stretch guys, it's important.

I stretch a while before running out the gate, I run past Ian's house. I haven't run five miles when I feel like I'm being followed. I watch the shadow in front of me and when I see the person get close, I stop suddenly and throw a punch.

"Woah" Ian says dodging my blow.

"Ian, my goodness, why were you following me?" I ask.

"Were you going to punch me?" he asks smirking.

"Well, I didn't spend all those years learning to defend myself just so I'd get mugged or attacked on the streets. If I'm going to get attacked, I wouldn't go down with a fight" I tell him. Ian looks at me and is that admiration I see in his eyes?

"Wow" is all he says.

"How did you know I was running?" I ask.

"Well, I saw you stretching in your compound and then you ran past my house so I decided to follow you" he says.

"Creep" I say smiling.

"Only for you, sweetheart" he says winking. I shake my head at him and start jogging.

We run for a and extra one and a half mile before running back home. Thirteen miles done and dusted.

"Thanks for the company" I say when we get to Ian's house.

"My pleasure, let me know when you are running again. I promise to be a good company" he tells me.

"Alright" I answer and walk towards my house.

"Wait, Lily" Ian calls and I look back.

"Yeah"

"Call me anytime you want to work out, I am your fitness buddy from now on" he says and goes inside. I guess I do not get a say.

I get home and walk to the fitness room. I do my squats and pull ups and sit ups, let's just say I did all my cardio. I go back to my room and shower, my body feels so sore. I don't much time before school so I do my makeup, as minimal as possible and get dressed. I chose a lime green sports bra and black joggers with black and cream sneakers and cream jacket. I put my hair in a ponytail, my bag over my shoulder and I walk out my room.

Asher is in the kitchen when I get down, he's making breakfast because mum and dad had to leave early for work.

"Morning" I greet.