CHAPTER 11

I am still here staring at Ian. His parents are dead? The both of them? I don't know what to say, what to do. ​I just look at Ian and the tear falls from my face. Ian looks at me and puts his hand in and shakes his hair.

"Dang it, Heather" he shouts.

"She didn't know, did she?" Heather says when she sees my distraction. "She doesn't know anything about you so why are you with her?" she adds holding his arm.

"You should go" Ian tells Heather.

"​I ​should go" I tell him and walk to the woods.

"Lily, wait up" he calls and I start running. ​Do I know him at all? I get that he wouldn't want to talk about something that painful to him but I thought I was different to him, I thought he would at least tell me something that important to him. I guess not.

​ "Lily, please wait up" Ian says behind me running as well. I ignore him until he holds my shoulder stopping me. I quickly wipe the tears falling down my face. He hugs me but I resist.

"No...No" I say standing away.

"Lily please" he pleads trying to hold my hand.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask folding my hands. "Why?". He puts his hands in his hair.

"It's not something I want to announce to everybody, Lily" he says and I nod. The tears fall fresh and I quickly wipe them away. ​I guess I am like everybody to him, nothing more. ​I walk away from him.

"Come one bunny" he calls following me.

"Don't call me that!" I shout at him. I take a deep breath and look at him. "I thought I was different from other people but I guess I was wrong" I tell him.

"You are different" he says.

"It doesn't seem that way Ian" I start crying, this time I let it fall. "You are special to me more than anyone else, I would tell you everything about me that you would want to know but the feeling isn't mutual" I say.

"You are special to me too, Lily" he says.

"I am not, Ian" I say shaking my head. "I get it, you lost both parents and that isn't something anyone should go through, I get that you wouldn't talk to anyone about it but..." I say looking at him. "But you not telling me about this just hurt me more than I expected. When were you going to tell me, if you were going to tell me? Who were you going to introduce me to?" I ask.

"Saturday" he says and I look at him. "I was going to introduce you to my friends who are like family to me and tell you everything on Saturday, Lily. You have to believe me" he pleads.

"I believe you" I tell him. "But I think we should stop whatever this is".

"Don't leave me, Lily" he pleads, his voice sounds so small, "You can't break up with me"

"So we are in a relationship" I say nodding.

"Of course we are" he says.

"I don't think we are, you tell your partner things, you don't hide or feel vulnerable with the people you care about" I tell him, "I am truly truly sorry about your parents and I hope one day you'd be able to tell me about them but for now, I want you to think about what you want and tell me" I add.

"I want you Lily" he says walking towards me. I step back.

"But as what, a friend, a partner or someone to waste time with? You let me know" I say and peck his cheeks. I walk home and the tears begin to fall. ​Why did I do that? He was going to tell me? Is it too late to run back and talk to him? ​I walk home and go to bed.