CHAPTER 12

I take a few steps back from Ian and turn my back. I am going to pretend like I didn't hear anything. I didn't hear him say he loves me, did not. What are we even talking about?

"Hey" Ian says tapping me.

"Hi" I said.

"Thanks for being here" he says.

"Definitely" I say hugging him, "Thanks for bringing me" I add.

"I just wanted to introduce the most important people in my life to each other" he says as we walk away. I peck his cheek and he smiles at me.

"To your friends now?" I ask.

"Yeah, we are having lunch with them" he says.

"Why did you ask me to bring a casual wear if we're going to lunch?" I ask.

"Cause we would be going to someone's house after lunch and I want you to be comfortable" he says and I smile.

"I know nothing about them, tell me something" I tell him when we get into the car.

"Well, I have known them since we were young" he starts.

"Like Eli and I" I state.

"Yes".

"Names?" I ask.

"Let's see, we have Ryan, Lucas, Axel, Hunter.... and Zach" he says. I am guessing, don't quote me but I think Gerald is the one Heather cheated on him with.

"So Zach huh?" I ask.

"Yeah, he's the one who is with Heather" he says. ​You can quote me now. "Heather would be there too".

​ "Wait, they are still together?" I ask and he nods. "Why are they coming?" I ask.

"We've been friends for so long. Besides, I've moved on" he says holding my hand and I smile at him.

"I don't like cheaters" I tell him and look out the window.

The ride to the restaurant is comfortably quiet. I am in my head about meeting his friends, I want them to like me because they are important to Ian. I'd be nice and I hope they are nice too, if not this lunch is going to be a blood bath. ​Ian stops the car in front of the restaurant, 'The Pelican'. A valet comes forward and Ian hands him his keys. ​It's just lunch, Liliana, nothing to worry yourself about.

​ "We can come some other time" I tell Ian and turn back. He holds me,

"You've got this, bunny" he says. "No one is going to judge you in there".

"They are all going to judge me in there" I tell him folding my hands.

"Maybe, but just know I wouldn't leave you even if they judge you or don't like you" Ian says laughing.

"If you leave me because of them, I would hunt and kill them. I am good with an arrow" I tell him smiling.

"I don't doubt you" he says and kisses my forehead.

"I've got this" I tell him, "I am going to charm the heck out of them" I tell him and link my arm with his.

We walk in hand-in-hand and are taken to our table, I can see the group is here, except for Heather though. We are seated close to a window, the tables are combined to take our large group number, we are supposed to be twelve including Ian and I but ten since Heather and I want to assume Zach aren't here yet. There are four guys and four girls on the table. The guys are handsome especially one of them, he seems tall and the girl beside him, I am guessing wife since they have wedding bands on is beautiful. One of the other two girls look like the handsome one so I am guessing sister, she's pretty. The third one is also pretty and it's easy to know which of the guys she is with. ​I know you are wondering how I know, she has a wedding band and one of the guys has one too. I made you think I was a psychic, right?