Elementum - 3

HERRO SKITTLES HOW ARE YALL!Elementum

 “Alyah” Alana’s voice rang out a tone of annoyance in her sweet voice. “Yes” I answer looking up at her she leaned over my desk, her eyes focused on my scrolls. “Are you going to the dance next week” she asked. Obviously she was going to ask something else but something stopped her. This is something that gets me mad, very mad. “Alana what were you really going to ask?” I demanded in a soft whisper. She sighed and pulled up a chair sitting in front of me. She flipped her blonde hair and leaned in her red eyes met mine. Her eyes never leaving mine, her hand moved back under her coat and pulled out an old scroll. The leather band around the scroll was tattered and dirty almost as if it had been dug out from the ground. Her small hand dropped the scroll mine. The leather band was scripted in gold in ink it read Elementum Omnes.

   I couldn’t have reacted quicker I dug my nails into my hand making a small cut. I squeezed the small cut until it released a small drop of blood that fell on the gold lettering it was enough to open the scroll. She gasped in amazement her eyes never leaving my hands as I worked to open the scroll. My eyes widened this was a Domini scroll. “These are the secrets to blood bending” I whispered my eyes not believing my sight. “You can read that?!” Alana exclaimed. “Yes it’s the language of the omnes I’m the only one that can read it” Alana scoffed before staggering off. I closed the scroll and picked up the other scrolls before running out of the room.    

   I made my way to my house and locked it my back to the door I let my learning scrolls fall to the ground. I lifted my palm the sacred scroll flew to the middle of the room opening ever so slightly. My eyes glued to the paper I started t subconsciously recite words that I have never heard my mouth letting them out. I wasn’t in control of my own body anymore I floated in front of the scroll. Again I bought my hand to my mouth biting ever so lightly a thick stream of golden blood flooded out of my arm and onto the paper. Symbols began rejecting into my mind my body burned a glow surrounded me in a cocoon holding me prisoner. Then suddenly the scroll disappeared my body fell to the ground lifeless my body still burning like it was on fire. I soon faded into the darkness.