First word, First steps and Getting Drunk...Oh My!

Waking up early, Kristen went to cook breakfast before her family was due to get up. Standing over the stove, she thought back to 11 months ago. this day 11 months and 2 hours ago, she was delivering her baby girl and now here she was, getting ready for Eliana to turn 1 in just a month. it was insane to her. she could still remember the moment Eliana was first placed in her arms and to her, it didn't seem like that long ago.

She finished up with the eggs and dished them all a plate, she was beyond glad that Eliana had an interest in human food and didn't really care for that baby food crap anymore. Rob came down and wrapped his arms around her, taking in the smell of her shampoo from last nights shower.

"Good morning, love" Rob whispered in her ear.

"Morning, breakfast is ready," she said as she leaned back against him, staring at him. "I'm going to get Eliana up."

"Sounds good," he said as he pulled away. Kristen headed up the nursery, seeing Eliana sitting in her crib.

"Morning love bug" Eliana clapped and squealed seeing her mother enter the room. Kristen leaned over the bars and picked her up, placing her in her highchair when they got downstairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After breakfast was done, Kristen was taking Eliana's bib off. "What should we do today?" she asked her

Eliana decided now was the perfect time for her first word. "Bear!" she squealed, making both her parents stop in their tracks and look at each other.

"Did she just say?....."Kristen trailed off

"I think so" and as if Eliana was wanting to prove to them she started chanting Bear over and over again. Kristen started half laughing, half sobbing. she couldn't believe that their baby had just said her first word and of course, it wasn't what they expected to be.

"I guess we both lost that bet" she giggled. referring to the bet that they had both made months ago as to what they thought Eliana's first word was going to be. Eliana was getting impatient with Kristen and reached out to her, "Bear!" she squealed

"Ok, sweetie lets go find him."

"I think he is outside" Rob chimed in. amused.

Kristen took Eliana with her to the sliding glass door. "Bear!" she called when she opened the door. "your human sister wants to play." Bear came running in and Eliana squealed in excitement, bouncing in Kristen's arms.

Kristen headed over to the living room, setting Eliana down on the carpet and watched as she reached over and grabbed Bear's collar. he leaned down and gently nudged her, helping her stand up. Kristen already had her phone out, this was Eliana's first attempt at standing.

"Come on baby," she encouraged. Bear slowly stood up, giving Eliana something to hang onto. Kristen slid off the couch, onto the floor holding her hands out to encourage Eliana to try and walk. Eliana was not sure what to do, Bear saw this and gently walked forward so Eliana would have to with him. slowly Eliana took a few steps forward before falling on her butt.

"Its ok sweetie lets try this again." Kristen helped her stand back up and made sure she had a hold on Bears collar before stepping back. she watched as Eliana took a little step forward, not completely comfortable yet with walking. Rob came into the room and sat on the couch.

They sat there for a few minutes watching Eliana try and walk until Eliana had had enough and started crying. Kristen stayed on the floor and threw the ball for Bear in the living room. Making Eliana squeal each time he went and got it. After a while, Rob had to leave to go do some errands and that left the two girls alone.