VIII

© 2018 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved. 

~
Intense, this shit, it gets dense
She knows when I'm out of it
like she could just sense
~

The rainbow Poseidon facetime revealed the face of my worried mother. Her skin was paler than the normal olive complexion, a sure indicator of her stress expressing on her skin.

"Lux? Lux!" she cried out. "Sunshine, where are you? Come back home!"

When she saw Tempest from behind me, her eyes glowed yellow- a trait of the werewolf in her coming to the surface. My own wolf whimpered at the sight her's.

"You!" she snarled, "I should've trusted the stars, they told me the truth about you Storm Prince. You think you can KIDNAP my daughter and it have no consequences?"

"Mom," I said calmly despite shaking in my boots. "He didn't kidnap me. I went with him and Kendra willingly. We're at Kristos'. But we need your help on some things-"

"KENDRA!"

I jumped at the sight of my father. He shifted right through his clothes, his wolf large and dominating. Stark's claws sliced at the image and Kendra flinched beside me.

Kristos stepped forward. "Relax, Alpha Xerxes. You know she had good intentions. Your daughter is in safe hands."

Stark stayed in wolf form, hackles raised as he growled at the image of us.

His silver eyes connected with mine and my knees buckled with his alpha power rushing over me. My wolf dropped her head in complete submission.

Tempest gripped my back belt loop with a finger, holding me up discreetly.

"Mom, please just listen to us."

She crossed her arms, raising a brow.

Tempest stepped beside me. "I need all the information that you have on me. And the locations of the other Royals. They're all in danger, and if you can, it would be better for you to host them all there before bringing them to Kristos' house."

"And this is for the prophecy?" She muttered low.

"Yes." Kendra said firmly, glaring at my father when he snapped his jaws at her. "I think have all of it but I need more information to put the pieces together."

Mom glanced at something out of range of the rainbow water facetime before turning back to us.

"Aksel is here still. Riko is back in Japan. Yuna...her body appeared in Lux's room this morning. She was cut up everywhere. The cuts were leaking Varanicon. So clearly the Sicilian Anosova residence has been compromised. We can't stay here, much less host anyone else."

Kristos cupped his jaw. "Okay, okay. How about you stay at my house. We're in Athens, move all the Royals there."

She snorted. "You make it sound like it's a piece of cake. You're asking me to tell the Royals to uproot themselves into a new city with a free servant reaper. There's nothing stopping you from sucking us dry."

Kristos narrowed his eyes. "Luna Katya, you know I respect you and would never do that to you."

Mom's eyes softened. "Yeah, I know. But the others don't."

He clenched his jaw. "I'll figure out something before they come."

"Also," I cleared my throat. "I think my powers are being blocked. By myself. After I went into my room, I tried to tap into what I felt at the ceremony but I got blocked by this current of energy. There's a well inside me, a deep one, and I know my power is there. I'm not defective, I just need to figure out a way to remove the block. But I don't know how. Did you ever have anything like that?"