Chapter 25: You think I'm perfect but I'm stupid.

Lou's POV:

"Me? Are you sure you're okay Lorraine?" He said sarcastically as he placed his hand on my forehead in a gesture to see if I had a fever.

"I'm okay Simon. I just find you perfect, I mean, you're always so cheerful, positive, full of stupid jokes that never cease to make me laugh. You're really kind, sweet and selfless. So tell me, why wouldn't I find you perfect?" I answered him after smacking his hand away from my face.

"You don't know me..." He mumbled to himself but I heard it. It really confused me though.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously wanting a logic answer for his sudden change of mood. He wasn't smiling anymore, he was staring at the floor, his eyebrows furrowed together.

He seemed like he was thinking or maybe...remembering something.

"What's wrong?" I asked again but this time worried as his eyes began to water. Did I say something wrong?

He suddenly looked at me and shook all his thoughts away. He smiled again and continued our conversation like nothing happened.

"Well you find me perfect and I find you perfect. We think we're perfect because we are our normal selves and we're not pretending to be someone else. So we should stay perfect-" He said. How did he know what I was thinking? How did he find out that I wanted to change?

"We should stay who we are..." We said at the same time and looked into each other's eyes as we both smiled a small but genuine smile.

"Exactly! You should stay yourself, you shouldn't even be thinking about changing Lou. You're too precious for that, you're unique. Being unique is good, I mean look at me!" He continued before I laughed at his remark.

"Look at me, Lou! I'm stupid but it didn't forbid you to think I'm perfect. And I think you're perfect just the way you are, I'm pretty sure Ryan thinks so too. He doesn't have a choice anyway." Simon continued his speech. But he was right.

Ryan doesn't have a choice anyway. No matter what I do or if I change, he'll still think I'm perfect just the way I am.

A part of me was happy that Ryan will always think that I'm perfect but another part of me was sad that it wasn't his choice. He still didn't choose to love me on his own will and I'll never forget that.

"Do you understand what I'm saying Lou? Because I think I'm not making any sense." Simon chuckled as he rubbed his forehead in embarrassment.

"Yes, yes I understand Simon. Thank you for this interesting yet confusing pep talk, it did cheer me up..." I lied. It did not. Knowing that Ryan would never choose me without the mate bond was hurting me like hell. But why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't notice that Maya and Theo were gone with Ryan when we headed downstairs, but maybe it was for the best. I needed some alone time, of course, Simon was with me but I didn't mind, he was a good company.

I was about to go to the kitchen and prepare some lunch when a knock on the door stopped me. It must be them.

I opened the door slowly to be met with the last person I wanted to see right now, Ryan.

"I brought food." He whispered and ultimately I broke our eye contact and looked at the bag he was holding in his hand.

I stepped away from the door frame to let him in, followed by Maya and Theo.

"How are you doing?" Maya whispered before giving me a comforting smile.

"I'm fine."

I'm not fine...