Chapter Ten

It's been a week now and I have tried my possible best to avoid Richard. He just keeps on pushing and pushing me into accepting I feel something for him.

When Mariana also asked if I had feelings for him, I told her no and just went to my room. Since then, she's been quietly staring at me.

I just feel bad. Not only am I hiding things from my best friend, I'm also secretly in love with her boyfriend and her boyfriend has been stalking me as well.

Eben just graduated and the school feels empty without him. There's no one to scare us from behind, no one to be waiting for us at the cafeteria or park, no one to hit our hand when we pick what he's eating without sanitising our hands.

There's no one to pick our books when we forget them in class. No one to leave his lecture hall to come and see us only to tell us to learn hard before going back.

I miss the times Eben would hide something of ours and Mariana would blame someone else and start a fight while I try to calm her. Not even once do we remembered it was only Eben that his them.

Snapping out of my thoughts, a drop of water falls on my skin and i look up to see the clouds changing it's colour. The dark clouds overshadowing the light. Well it looks like it's about to rain. It's been long since it rained and I'm glad it's going to happen today. Mariana and I need to get home before it happens.

I need to be in bed before it rains. I want to stay in bed and cuddle my pillow as I think of Richard...

Wait, where did that come from?

"Hey, thinking about the rain? Or somebody else," she playfully said.

I guess you are wrong today.

"I'm thinking about the rain. Let's get going before it falls," Mariana broke into my thought while holding her hand up to me.

"Sure. Let me get my things," I told her while she looks at me as if I told her I'd no longer attend lectures.

Leaving her side and going back to the hall, I realized I already had my things. My pamphlet is already under my armpit and my bag was already behind my bag.

OK, so heat things was I talking about? Maybe I left my phone. Or my pen...or or or my diary. Oh no, I don't even have one.

No wonder she was looking at me as if I had said something weird. So I walk back to her and she laughs while I pout.

We both sit in the car as Mariana drives us back home. The drive wasn't silent because she kept singing this new song she heard yesterday and can't seem to get the beat well.

Before i could send my head back the fourth time, familiar buildings came in view and I sigh knowing too well where we are. The drive was less than forty minutes and she parks the car in from of our apartment.

Looking up again, I see that the clouds are getting clear, the dark clouds are disappearing now. The wind is also OK.

My bad luck! It's so not fair.

We both go into our rooms. After changing, I go into the kitchen to prepare us food to eat for the evening though it seems to be early for that. In the act, Mariana comes out to join me.

"Hey, we are three going to eat it by the way," The princess announced, glaring at me. I raise my chin even though I know who it's definitely going to be.

Like for Christ sake, can't that man stay at his home? I'm sure he's got a mother and a sister.

"Sure, I won't forget. Can you please pass me the salt?" I just sighed, picking the napkin from her hand despite all I want to say.