Chapter Twelve

*A year later*

Finally, Mariana and I are graduating today. My dad and her family congratulate us, as we get ready. It's like a dream, because I never imagined this day.

Mariana comes to my room wearing a short Ivory white party dress with illusion bodice. I'm glad she chose to wear this one. Her smile brightens my room. She's wearing the necklace Eben had given her yesterday and she's also wearing the bracelets I had given her weeks ago.

She looks over my dress and claps. I am wearing a sleeveless, short black party dress. I'm not into jewelries so I just wear a silver wrist watch with a silver chain around my neck.

Mariana smells sweet. Her scent floods my nose and I smile at her. She looks very beautiful and I must admit; she's going to get all the attention.

We both wear Rampage Candelas T-strap platform, making us look taller than we are.

"You look beautiful!" I said to Mariana.

"I thought you'd never say it," she smiles and continues, "You look very beautiful, I'm sure my brother will not be able to take his eyes off you."

I chuckle just to hide my blushing cheeks. She smiles again.

"We have to either put our phones off, or on silence. The messages and calls are too much. I'm nervous too."

"You look fine to me. Just breathe," I assured her.

We both pick up our purses and off we go. Mariana drives as I sit beside her at the front seat.

Eben will be coming with my dad and some cousins of mine as Raymond will also be coming with some friends and his parents. But they'll be sitting together.

Mariana has always loved getting attention. Instead of parking the car beside the jubilee hall, she decides to park it beside one of the lecture halls. Which only means we'll have to walk all the way to the jubilee hall; where the graduation is been held.

"Do you realize we'll sweat even before it begins?" I asked.

"We aren't going to sweat. Come on, let's go," she pulls my arm under her arm.

As we walk by, people stare, others admire us and some of our friends praise us.

Mariana did my make up, I didn't want to scare people away. Give me a make up kit and I'll show you how bad I am at painting.

Luckily there were only two people sitting between Mariana and I. So we ask them to allow us to sit at their places. Our names were pasted on the chairs, so we needed their consent before sitting there.

After fifteen minutes, when the songs they were playing didn't change, Mariana chuckles and says, "Are we still in the 20's? What part of 21st century don't they understand? So boring!"

I laugh and she pouts. She looks innocent when she does that.

Just then, Westlife's, "Flying without Wings," plays and Mariana smiles.

"At least this is better," she said.

After a while, Bon Jovi's, "Every step we take," starts to play.

"It's getting better," she said again.

"You are something else. I wonder when we are going to start. Every student is seated. I hope our families are here too," I said, while looking around.

"Yeah, I get your point. You can't wait to see Raymond. Can't you two stay just a day without seeing each other?"

"Come on, I'm just looking for everyone," I said.

****

The whole thing has been boring since we started. I have yawned for more than necessary times. People are already sleeping, others are outside catching some air.

The speeches are long and boring. And when we think they are done, they open to a new page.

The vice chancellor arrives late and so he's the last to give his speech. That's unusual of him to be late but he still made it before we can end. He clears his throat and within few minutes, he joins the others.

We all clap and by the look of things, it is time for us to get our certificates.

The names are been mentioned according to how we are seated. After a while, my name is mentioned. I walk to the stage and I can hear Eben's voice cheering me up.

Eben had come with some old students. And I still can't see Raymond and my family or his around.

After receiving my certificate, I walk back to my seat. As I was walking back to my seat, Raymond's smiling face catches mine and I smile back at him.

After two people, Mariana also goes to the stage to pick hers. The whole place is noisier than we were told it would be like, so Mariana and I just meet up with a few friends and chat with them.

It's been more than an hour before everyone had his or her certificate. Mariana quickly look into the crowd. Someone wraps his arms around us and we both know who it could be.

Eben

****

"Is there going to be an after party?" Eben asked.

"Yes, there's going to be one in the evening. But I'm too tired," I replied.

"You are no fun," he said while teasing me.

"You can't be possibly knowing that now," I uttered.

Mariana's dad and mine, sit discussing about how fast we had grown and all while her mum and my cousins also talk about random stuff.

Raymond smiles at me as he walks closer to Mariana and I.

"Where have you been?" I asked, looking a little angry.

I look around me and everyone seems busy to care what any other person is doing.

"Hey, I'm fine, I also miss you," he quickly said.

This isn't funny Mr.

"I didn't want to interrupt your fun with your friends. You guys did great. I'm proud of you two. You look beautiful. Here looks boring. How about I steal you away?" He quickly said, looking around with his hands in his pockets.

I look around once more and everyone looks happy chatting so I nod and he takes my hand and guides me out.

We steal glances at each other, during our drive. It becomes awkward so we both laugh.

He pulls his car besides a hut. I smile and he smiles back. So many ideas started to get into my head.

"Stop thinking too much," he whispered as he notices my mind is wandering far from his intentions.

As we get closer, I see a bottle of wine on the table and two glasses. I smile at him knowing this could be his best way of congratulating me.

He holds my hand towards the table and we both sit. He looks deep into my eyes.

The place is quiet and only our sighs and breath can be heard.

"I love you, you know that right? It's been a year and i can't stop telling you how much I love you."

He grins at me and I smirk, knowing too well my heart is going to over burst any moment from now.

"I want to spend the rest of my life, loving you and chasing after our kids to bathe, eat and learn. So what do you say about being my wife, my love?"

****

I think i need to end (t)here for today. Thanks for reading. Have a nice day/evening.