Jonathan Brandis

Jonathan's POV:

Jonathan's POV:

"I don't see why I had to move too if this was all for dad's job." I crossed my arms in the backseat. I was pissed. My father got a new job on the other side of the country. This meant that I had to say goodbye to all of my friends.

My father didn't say anything as he was focusing on the road. My mother sighed and rubbed her temples. "Jonathan, we've said this before. Wherever we go, you have to go since you are not an adult yet." I rolled my eyes and stared out the window. "Besides, I'm sure you'll make plenty of new friends here."

"I don't want new friends, I just want to be with my old ones back home and play soccer." I argued back.

"Then join the soccer team here and that is the end of this conversation mister." My mother turned up the radio to block me out.

Unbelievable. This sucks. I was on the best soccer team back home and now, I'll have to join some team that probably doesn't even know what they're doing. My life can't get any worse.

We arrived a few hours later to a big grey house. "Say hello to our new home!" My father shouted getting out of the car.

I hopped out and stared up at it. It was definitely bigger than our old house that's for sure. I could see there was a room in the front with one of those 3 window things. That's definitely my room. I ran up to it and put all my boxes in there as fast as I could. It was a good room with a good view. I'm still not liking the idea of moving though... I'm just saying it's a nice house. That's all.

"Oh sweetie, did you bring all of your boxes up?" My mother stood in the doorway. I nodded. "Okay. Why don't you head over to the local park? See if you could make some friends on your first day? This would be good for you to do before school starts."

I scoffed while grabbing my jacket to leave. The park wasn't that far away. When I got there, I saw a guy about my age trying to balance a soccer ball on his head. He failed.

I walked over to him with a laugh. "I remember the first time I tried that. The ball fell off and rolled into the street only to get run over by a car."

He laughed back. "Yeah, I've been practicing for school soccer tryouts in about a month. You joining too?"

"Yeah. I just moved here. I used to be on a soccer team back home."

He dribbled the ball a few feet in front of him. "Ahh a former player. My buddies and I could definitely use your help before the season." I smiled and nodded. "What's your name by the way?"

"Jonathan." I held my hand out for him to shake.

He grabbed my hand and shook it. "Nice to meet you. I'm Chris." He let go then passed me the ball. We ended up passing the ball back and forth. "Say Jonathan, you like parties?"

I shrugged. "Yeah I guess so, why?"

He smiled back. "Tonight. My house at about 8. I'm having a huge party before school starts. You should come. You'll meet other guys who wanna be on the soccer team as well."