Mike Vitar/Benny 'The Jet' Rodriguez

Benny's POV:

Benny's POV:

"Alright Benny man, you're up!" Squints shouted over to me.

I was over in the dugout tying up my shoelaces. I grabbed a bat and walked over to home plate. I tapped the sides of my shoes with the bat and began to practice swing.

"Hey Benny, is that your sister out in left field... naked?" Ham taunted me like a typical catcher.

I just smirked. "Nice try Ham, but I don't have a sister."

DeNunez pitched a fast ball to me and I hit it to Smalls, who made a perfect long toss back to DeNunez.

"Nice throw Smalls!" I gave him a thumbs up. He's been with us for about a year now and he's gotten really good from when he first started playing with us.

"Benny, that was real good man. You wanna go again?" DeNunez asked while preparing to pitch.

I nodded and got ready to hit another one. Now that we are on good terms with Mr. Mertle, I wasn't worried about hitting home runs anymore.

"I'm gonna hit this next one out of here!"

Y/n's POV:

I smiled as I rode my bike down the street. It was a nice warm day with a slight summer breeze. My favorite kind of weather. I was giving myself a little tour around my new neighborhood. I was coming up to a sandlot where I saw a group of boys about my age. I smiled as I saw them playing a normal game of baseball. I wish I could join them. I have loved baseball ever since I was little when my dad first taught me how to play.

I continued to reminisce while looking forward, still riding along the road back towards my house.

"Watch out!" I heard someone scream. I turned around quickly to see who was screaming to who. I realized it was for me and I, unfortunately, realized it too late. A baseball came flying towards me, hitting me right on the head. I fell off my bike and everything went black.

"It's a girl... A hot girl."

"Eww don't touch her. She may be hot, but she's dead."

"Is she even breathing?"

"Yeah yeah, Benny, I think you killed her."

"She's not dead. She's breathing, see?"

"But you may have giving her brain damage that she'll have to deal with for-ev-er."

"You probably gave her a concussion."

"She probably won't remember a thing."

"Shut up, Tommy."

"Shu- oh."