Chapter six

" 'He opened the door on purpose'? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Louis sighed, and turned away from Ellie. Niall had been awake for a few seconds about two hours ago, and Louis and the doctors had been trying to figure out what Niall had meant. 'He opened the door on purpose'? Who opened what door?

"I don't know, Louis. I still don't know!" They both sighed and Louis rubbed his eyes, as if it would rub the sleepiness away. He had barely slept - he hardly ever did - and he didn't have any appetite. He was exhausted. Ellie looked at him and frowned.

Louis looked over at the blond boy in the hospital bed. He didn't look peaceful anymore; his face was scrunched up with something that looked like pain, or perhaps disgust, and he kept twisting and shuddering. Sometimes his head would shake or he would mumble something. It looked as if he was having a nightmare, and Louis thought that it could mean he was awake from his coma.

Louis sighed. "I think I'm going to go home." He rose from his chair and left the room. The halls were almost empty and the rapid sound of footsteps echoed between the white walls. He swept his bangs back and huffed, deciding he needed a haircut and needed it soon.

He pushed open the entrance doors and went over to a bench and sat down. He tied his shoelaces, taking his time, and crossed his legs after finishing. He straightened his back and rolled his shoulders. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, and when he opened them again; he smiled. Niall was going to be fine.

*A month and a half later*

"Louis, it's Ellie. Niall's woken up." She spoke quickly and the background noise of doctors rushing in and out, shouting commands, was distracting. Louis rose slowly from his bed, kicking off the covers, and sat up straight.

"When?" He asked calmly, standing up and walking into his bathroom.

"Thirty minutes ago. He jerked up from his bed and yelled 'The man did it on purpose' then he looked around and frowned!" Louis raised an eyebrow and started at his own reflection.

"O-okay.." He said hesitantly. He ruffled his hair and looked disappointedly in the mirror.

"Are you on your way?"

"No?" Louis chuckled.

"What's up with you? You haven't seen him since the day you rushed out, right after he'd woken up!" Ellie's voice rose and she sounded very annoyed.

"Actually, I saw him two weeks ago." Louis put toothpaste on his toothbrush and thoroughly brushed his teeth. He spit twice into the sink and washed his face with cold water.

"I don't care, just get down here! I'm certain he's going to want to see you." Louis chuckled and hung up. He kneeled down beside the counter, two fingers in, gagged, coughed, flushed and rose. He washed his face again, spit once more then got into the shower.

*Forty minutes later*

"Louis! Where have you been?" Ellie ran towards him, grabbing his arm and pulled him into Niall's room.

"I had something I needed to do." Ellie scoffed, slapped him across the head and pushed him forward. Louis glared at her.

"Louis." Louis recognized the voice and turned around. Niall stared at him.

"Niall." He said lightly, carelessly.

"What are you doing here?" Niall asked, sitting up and pulling the covers further up his torso.

"I don't know." Louis answered truthfully. He looked around, then slumped down in a chair. Niall scoffed and stared at the older man in disbelief.

"Well, thank you for caring." He laughed and looked out the window.

"You're welcome. It must've been boring in that coma."

"You're unbelievable."

"And?" Louis raised an eyebrow in Niall's direction.

"I heard you. You used to be here for weeks." Louis nodded slowly and looked to the younger boy.

"Used to."

"You haven't changed." Niall said, voice as cold as ice. Louis froze and gulped. Guilt rushed through his whole body, the pain piercing through his heart.

"Cat got your tongue, Tomlinson?"

Louis swallowed.

"Didn't need to." He answered, his voice too low for his liking. Niall rolled his eyes, clenching and unclenching his fists.

They sat in silence for fifteen mintutes, neither granting the other's wish for attention. Louis squirmed in his seat, feeling uncomfortable. Niall was beyond pissed.

"If you don't want to be here, go."

"But-"

"No. I don't want to hear it. I don't care that you came to Ireland just to see me after the plane crash, you obviously don't want to be here and I don't want you to be here either." Niall's voice never rose to a shout or yell, it was kept at a cold and emotionless tone.

Louis left.

***

I'M SO SORRY! I don't know if it's going to help if I explain, because I don't have a valid excuse, to be honest. I don't know what happened...

This chapter is just a filler. I think it's best to end the chapter when Louis leaves, just for the sake of organizing. I might even write the next chapter now.

You guys definitely hate me now, but here's your chapter.

-M