chapter 5

I leave Chris's house in the morning. He made me a sandwich which wasn't the best. He wanted to drive me home, but I refuse and I said I'll walk home. 

I decided to stop at my local cafe. I always go there when I'm hungry or when my mom makes disgusting lasagna. 

I walk into the cafe and I buy my all time favourite bagel with a latte. I head to the closest table beside the window.

I suddendly get a call from Eva.

Britt: Hello?

Eva: Britt holy shit!

Britt: What? What is it?!

Eva: Liam is fucking back! He is fucking here!

I freeze in silence. Liam is my ex-boyfriend. We dated for awhile during my freshman year of high school. Since I'm a junior, I haven't seen him in two years. Honestly, throughout my "boyfriend history," he was the best one. What I still don't understand is why he's back? He left half away during his freshman year to Australia to live with his cousins and start a new life. The thing is, he never wanted to break up with me. He really loved me. Liam wanted to do a long distance relationship, but I didn't. I knew how they are. I knew that they don't last long, so I broke up with him and never talked to him again.

Eva: Britt?! Hello?! Do I need to call 911?

Britt: What? No.

Eva: What the hell are you going to do? You know he's going to our school right? I found out through his twitter.

Britt: What the f-

Eva interrupts me.

Eva: Ok don't judge me. I had to know.

I laugh.

Britt: Why is he back? Do you think he still likes me?

Eva: I don't know. I guess we will find out on Monday. 

-

MONDAY, 7:30 AM

Sana gives me a drive to school. I told her about Liam and I could tell she was shocked and confused.

I walk quickly to my first class hoping to not see Liam in the hallways.

"Hey Holsen!" I hear Chris calling my name. 

I'm in such a hurry that I don't even look back and I pretend to not hear him.

-

It's last period and I have gym class outside. I head to the girls locker room and I change into my gym uniform. 

I get a text from Eva.

TEXTS BETWEEN BRITT AND EVA

Eva: Have you seen Liam yet?

Britt: No thank god! Plus are you sure he even goes to our school?

Eva: Trust me I know.

For the last 10 minutes of class I head outside and the supply teacher says we could do anything.

I don't know anyone in my gym class, so I decide to ditch. 

As I walk to the closest door entrance someone says my name.

"Britt?"

I turn around and it's Liam. He hasn't changed a bit.

I don't say a word. He comes to me and hugs me tightly. How did he recognize me? Have I not changed at all?

"Hi! Wow you're back." I try to sound excited to see him.

"Ya I am. You probably knew that I would be coming back." Liam says while putting his hand on my shoulder.

I don't say anything. Just smile.

"Look Britt, I know it's been 2 years and I have been thinking a lot about you, a lot. Back in Australia you were always on my mind."

I try to say something, but more words come out from his mouth.

"I know this is too sudden Britt, but I still like you and I can't get you out of my mind."

I'm in shock. After all this time he didn't get over me? He is also still the same I could tell. His emotions are everywhere too.

Liam comes closer to me and my heart beats faster. I could tell what he's about to do. He leans and tries to kiss me, but I back away, fast.

"I have a boyfriend!" I blurt out.

Liam's jaw drops.

I look to my right and I see Chris. He looks like he is heading home for his spare.

"Chris!" I yell so he could hear me.

I run to him. My heart beating faster than ever. I come up to Chris and I kiss him. I could feel my cheeks turning red. Chris surprisingly kisses me back. 

I stop kissing him and I see that Liam is heading over to me and Chris.

"Liam this is my boyfriend, Chris Schistad." My heart is still beating fast.

What have I done. 

I look at Chris, he has that what-the-hell-just-happenend face. He casually smiles at Liam and waves.

Liam doesn't say anything and awkwardly smiles.

The bell rings.

"It was great to see you Britt." Liam says and then leaves. I could tell that his heart was broken to a million pieces. I had that bad feeling in my stomach, but I knew it was for the best.

"So uh, you better explain to me what just happened, Holsen. Oh and by the way that better not be our last kiss, girlfriend. Chris bumps me in the shoulder and laughs. He gives me that famous, cute Chris Schistad smirk.

What the hell did I just do? 

-

did you just think I would write a chapter with ought Chris being in it? 

anyways i hope y'all like this chapter and I have so many ideas ahhh i'm excited!!

btw thank you for the votes and almost 800 reads! you guys are amazing <3

- love A