SNEAK PEAK OF CHAPTER 10

(a quick look into chapter 10! the full chapter will be out soon & tysm for 7k reads <3)

-

Every Friday, my mom leaves for her night shift at the hospital and she always prepares me my favourite meals.

"Any plans for today?"

"Uh, no. Nothing much." I shrug, doing my best impression of casual.

It's good that she's never home on Friday nights or I would always have to sneak out if I'm going out to a late night party. If my mom ever finds out that I've been going to places with legit alcohol, drugs and horny teenagers, I would've been dropped and kicked the fuck out of this household. Since my dad passed away, she's been looking out for me.

"I could stay you know? I could just not go." She sips her coffee.

"Mom, C'mon you need to get to work. You've skipped too many shifts." I frown.

She gives me a worried look. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'll hang out with the girls today or something. I will be fine." I give her a warming smile, hopefully to convince her to go.

"Ok." She gets up and plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Love you." I say.

As I hear the door click shut and the car engine going, I quickly run upstairs and prepare my outfit and makeup as quick as possible.

As I'm putting on my black ripped jeans, I get a text from Chris.

TEXTS BETWEEN BRITT & CHRIS

CHRIS: On my way ;)

BRITT: Shit, Chris. Slow down.

CHRIS: You better be ready when I'm here, Holsen.

After twenty minutes of getting ready, I hear a car park in front of my house and I realize that it must be Chris. I haven't even finished on choosing what top to wear.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I whisper.

Without thinking, I quickly grab my white, tube top and put it on. I grab my keys, purse and my phone. I quickly zoom down the stairs and swing open the front door.

"Fuck!" I scream.

"You're late." Chris leans against the door frame, with his arms crossed.

He's wearing a very casual outfit and he has his hood on. He also smells pretty damn good, to be honest.

"Don't fucking scare me like that!" I place my hand on my chest.

He rolls his eyes and lets out a little laugh. "C'mon, before we be the last ones to arrive."

-

After 30 minutes of Chris talking about his new, black Audi and how mildly expensive it was, we finally arrive at Liam's party.

"What the fuck." Chris asks.

"What?" I say, while unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Holden, are you seeing this? Why the fuck is the whole school population here?"

I turn away from him and look at the direction of Liam's house. Chris is right, why the fuck is the whole school population here?

As I step out the car, I almost trip on the beer bottles strewn on the lawn. I look around and I see many people coming in and out of the house and in clusters, sitting around outside either making out or just talking.

"Jesus." Chris kicks the beer bottles out of his way. "Good luck to him cleaning this shit."

As we make ourselves inside the house, I feel the heat and the humidity all over my body. The house is filled with booze, drugs and crowds of drunk high school students. I squeeze through the crowd, following close behind Chris.

to be continued...