chapter 9

Chris and I arrive at a local café. I pick the nearest table near the windows, while Chris is deciding on what to buy. I suddenly see Liam and some penetrators. Shit. Are you kidding? How is this kid everywhere I am? I quickly sit on the opposite side of the table, hoping he won't see me. 

I see Chris making his way to the table with two bagels and two coffees. 

"Sit quick!" I loudly whisper, while waving my hands to him.

"What?" Chris mouths. 

"Liam is here!" I say, while sipping what I thought to be coffee. "What is this?" 

"It's this new latte they added to their menu, it's pretty good." Chris proudly sips his drink and slowly takes a bite of his bagel. 

"Best combo ever." He groans.

"This is disgusting." I put the latte down and slide it to his side.

"This is limited edition." Chris slides the latte back to me.

I roll my eyes. "You could of asked me what I wanted to drink."

"You didn't as- 

"Hey guys!" I don't even bother to turn back to see who interrupted Chris. It was Liam. Great.

I suddenly give Chris the we-need-to-leave-now face. 

He ignores me and looks over at Liam. "Hey man, what's up?"

"Just chilling with the boys." Liam chuckles and looks down at me. I quickly turn my head to Chris and take a sip of the latte. I almost gagged.

Chris glares at me and he sees me struggling on swallowing the latte. I could tell he wanted to burst out a laugh.

"Uh, I gotta run, so I'll see you guys at my party this Friday?" Liam breaks the awkwardness.

"Yeah! Totally." I try to smile, even though the after taste of the latte is stuck in my throat. 

"See ya, bud." Chris waves and checks his phone.

I turn around to wave back, but before I do Liam winks at me. I quickly turn around. Did he just wink at me?

"Chris!" I loudly whisper.

"What!" He jumps from his seat.

"Liam just fucking winked at me!" 

Chris gives me a confused look.

"It wasn't that friendly wink. It was the I hope I see you at the party and we hook up kind of wink!" I know Liam. He knows that from all of his past parties we would always hook up. Well, no, not this party. It's not going to happen. 

I look at Chris and he starts leaning closer to me. His lips are suddenly against mine. My heart starts to race faster than ever. I kiss him back. I don't know what's in me, but I do. 

Chris breaks off the kiss and says, "Just in case he was looking." 

-

Sorry for this short chapter! The next ones are going to be longer, so don't y'all worry ;)

Summer is sadly almost over for me, so please bare with me if I don't update very fast, but I promise I will update as quick as I can!

and how am I almost at 2k reads? thank you all so much!

btw don't forgot to vote and comment (I might update faster, hehe)

- love you all <3