› 11

" I wonder how that wonderful little treasure is doing," the man who held a gleaming dagger hummed. The air was suspended in a state of silent fear. No one dared to move, or even breathe the wrong way in front of him. If one of them did, they wouldn't be leaving alive.

"Do you have anything you want to tell me," he inquired. If they didn't answer him the end result would still be the same.

A brave but trembling soul stepped forward, bending down to kneel before the silver haired man. His magenta eyes studied his servant with a gleam.

"S-she arrived back from a mission to the Marsh a week ago—"

"—and you only think to tell me now?"

The man paused, unable to utter another word at the tone of Moon's voice. When he did not answer, the silver haired male grinned wolfishly, something everyone was apprehensive about. With a flick of his wrist, Moon killed the man. His magenta hues trailed the pool of blood as the thick substance traced the engraved patterns on the floor.

"Moon-sama," a boyish voice spoke up. "If you allow, I have information regarding her mission and the time after her return."

Moon sighed, sitting back in his plush chair. His head once again rested in the palm of his left hand as he locked gazes with the pair of ruby red eyes swallowed in the shadows. The hidden figure relayed everything that happened to Akita—from meeting the orphan boy and his death to the depression she suffered afterwards.

"Hmm..." Moon trailed thoughtfully. "So she finally saw someone die? My little treasure found someone to help her cope. Hatake Sakumo, correct?"

The boy made an affirming sound.

"How interesting. Didn't he commit suicide last night? I wonder how she will react. Should we reach out to her? Offer her something to help her cope," Moon suggested with another mischievous smile.

Moon was a man who liked to collect broken things. He liked to shape them and make them dependent on him. It was a hobby, so-to-speak. A passion. His right hand trailed the unique design within his sleeve in thought. If he were to collect Akita, how would he remake her? Moon knew it would be something absolutely stunning. Especially with what she was.

"I've decided we will extend an invitation to her. If she accepts, I will fix her. If she declines—I will kill her."

::

Akita couldn't wait to return back to the village. She was anxious to see the nameless shinobi again. He would teach her how to play the flute, and so far she felt like he was going to be the best teacher she had ever met.

"When you play an instrument, there is no way to play it right," he had told her. It confused Akita, how is there no right way to play an instrument?

"Ah, I see you don't understand. I'll put it this way: music is an art of interpretation. There are various ways to do anything in music. An instrument is an extension of yourself. Everyone is unique. Therefore there is no such thing as right or wrong. Just your heart and your will."

As a result of her excitement, Akita completed her rigorous training early and with ease every day she was away. On the mission, she quickly did what was needed and listened to whatever Fossa said, loosely.