≫ 14

"Akita-chan, are you alright?"

Obito was worried about her. It was like every time he saw her, she became something hollow. As if the life was being sucked out of her. The male noticed the deep dark circles surrounding the inner corners of her eyes as well.

What could she have been through in the 3 months they've spent with their teams? Obito hated the idea of her being trained individually. He knew how much she was singled out in the academy. Forcing her to train by herself was infuriating.

He had found her in a training field, her beautiful eyes staring into nothingness. A frown tugged at his lips. She hadn't answered him. Not even the twitch of a finger. Concerned, Obito knelt down beside her and placed a firm hand on her back. He could feel the ridges of her spine poking his sensitive nerves as he did his best to comfort her.

"You don't have to if you don't want too, but what happened? So I have to beat someone up for ya," he inquired. Akita blinked, her body shakily moving to an upright position. The spiky-haired male clasped his hand around hers but the sudden action made Akita jerk away. Surprise painted his features as he watched her.

Something definitely spooked Akita, but he couldn't place what it was. Obito knew that she wasn't going to tell him anytime soon, being as stubborn as she was. That was the only thing about her that got on his nerves. Whenever she needed help, Akita never mentioned it. She was always suffering on her own.

"If you don't tell me what's going on I can't help you. Is it that bitch-sensei? Did she do something to you? I swear I'm gonna pummel her face—"

Akita raised her hand to make him stop.

Unfortunately you couldn't even lay a finger on Fossa, Obito. Even if something did happen to me you couldn't help me, she replied. With her gaze downcast to the ground Akita began to move away in the direction of her home.

Obito stood there, hands balled into fists. Had she no faith in him? Why did she push him away? They were best friends—so why did she act as if they were something less?

"I can protect you Akita! Why won't you at least give me a chance? I'm not some dumbass walking around pretending to be a ninja," he exclaimed. Spinning on his heel he marched to intercept the girl he was helplessly in love with.

"I want to protect people. I want to protect you but what good is that if you won't let me? Just tell me what I can do."

Nothing. It's too late, she snapped. Obito's brows creased in confusion.

"Too late? So something bad did happen. Can you at least tell me what it is?"

Akita shook her head. Her shaking arm was hidden under the protection of a wary hand as she turned away. The boy took notice of her actions and took a step forwards, grabbing her arm and pulling her toward him. A sense of panic swept over her as she jerked back with a force that pulled Obito with it.

A cry of shock escaped his mouth as they both were sent tumbling to the ground. Akita huffed under his weight, unaware of the fact that something quite... interesting had happened.

Obito was as red as a tomato when he realized that as he had fallen on her, his face landed a little too close to hers. There was also the little detail that their lips, were in fact, touching at a minute scale.

When Akita finally realized what was going on, she kicked him off and turned away, covering her face and shaking her head. A thousand thoughts raced through their heads as they both sat there awkwardly revisiting the last few moments.

It definitely wasn't enough to be considered a kiss, Obito assured himself. Akita took a moment to calm herself down before she stood up.

I'm going home... I'll see you later, she signed rapidly before sprinting away. Obito couldn't even reply, he was too busy slapping the red from his face and the thoughts swarming his mind.

No, that was definitely a kiss, he thought to himself. I just kissed Akita...oh god. He couldn't help the giddy feeling in him. He welcomed the butterflies that fluttered in his heart. At the same time though, there was this increasing fear that Akita was definitely going to murder him in his sleep.

Maybe he'd spend the night training.

::

This is a little sorta filler chapter because Akita needs some good things to happen too her sometimes. I'm sorry it's been a while :(

Q: Since Obito loves Akita, do you think his fate will change?