Chapter:2

I jumped when dad told me to get to the chutes. I got to the chute where cowboys were gathered around. "Let the girl through." Michael yelled in front of me. They moved aside as I looked at how I was to get in. I climbed up and over the chute side. I saw how I was going to land and hoped he didn't move. That would be roughly a hundred and twenty pounds.

My left foot landed between his legs and my right by his hip. His left hand hit my leg as I moved his hat away from his face. I gulped seeing it was Cody. I grabbed one rag holding it to his nose while I looked at his head. A gash on the right side from his forehead to the start of his ear. I held another rag to his head. I waved two fingers in front of his eyes. He didn't follow it. "Can you hear me? Blink if you can." I said. He didn't respond.

"Flashlight." I said. My dad handed me a flashlight. I checked his eye response. "No response." I told him. They finally got the bull out. The medical team rushed in. I kept pressure on his nose and head. Once he was on the table in the MC, I stitched up his head and cleaned the wound. Then held pressure to his nose. His hand grabbed my wrist.

"What are you doing?" He asked gruffly. I didn't say anything as he moved my hand from the cloth and sat up looking at what was on the rag. "Was my nose bleeding?" He asked. I nodded. "What other injuries did I get?" He asked. "A gash in the head." I said quietly. "Uh. Lacey isn't it?" He asked. I nodded. "Thanks." He said. "No problem." I muttered.

He leaned against the wall as my dad came in. "Responsive?" He asked as he checked his focus. "Yes." I answered. "How does your head feel?" Dad asked. "Alright sir." "Hurt anywhere?" Dad asked. "Nah." Cody said. "It seems you didn't hit your head as hard as you did. I'd take it easy the rest of the night. If you experience any post concussion trauma have someone take you to the hospital." He said.

Cody nodded before standing and leaving. I went back watching the rest of the first round. I sat back just watching deep in my head. Someone sat down next to me. "Do you wanna go get something to eat?" I jumped when I saw who was beside me. "You did a great job on the stitches in my head." He said. "Thank you." I mumbled quietly.

"Would you like to get something to eat?" He asked. I shook my head. "Would you mind if I bought you something from the concession stand?" He asked. I shook my head once more. "Yes or no. I can't tell if you want to or not with you just shaking your head." He said. I looked up at him. "No thank you." I said quietly. "I didn't hear your answer sweetheart." He said.

I fidgeted in my seat. "I'll be right back." He said. I watched as he got up and walked somewhere. "Ooh get your cowboy girl!" Lizzy said coming up behind me. "No." I said. "Girl. All he wanted was a yes or no." She said. "You know how nervous I get." I said. "Then you better get over it because he's coming right back." She said before leaving me.

He sat back down beside me. "Fried Oreos?" He asked. "Their really good." He said offering me one. I took one trying it. "Good?" He asked. I nodded. "I know you talk sweetheart. There's no reason to be shy." He said. I giggled. The last rider just went out. "So what are you doing for the summer?" He asked. "Going with my dad." I said quiet enough for him to hear.

"I hope to be seeing you this summer." He said. I smiled up at him before looking back at the arena. He doesn't know I'm a minor still. He doesn't know that we can't have any relationship until January. Lizzy should have held off on trying to get me to pursue him, even though I have a big crush on him. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing." I said.

"Well I'd like to hang out with you again before the summer is over." He said before standing and holding his hand out. "Ye-ah. Maybe." I said letting him help me to my feet. I know my dad would have his hide if he saw us together. I won't ask him just yet though, what he thought about me being a minor until I turn eighteen in December.

I walked back to the MC to go to bed my dad hasn't texted me saying I was needed so I don't think they needed any help. I entered seeing my dad cleaning the tables off. "Did you enjoy your time?" He asked. "Yeah." I said. "Well we've got to get some sleep before traveling to the next one. Pro devision tour. Then a few velocity stops." He said. I nodded before going to my bed.

I took my clothes off and got in under my covers in just my boy shorts underwear and sports bra. I sighed thankful for a moment of peace. Around midnight dad started yelling for me. "Lacey now!" He yelled. I slipped some sweats on tying the strings as I slipped down from my room. "What happened?" Dad asked. "One of the bulls got out and charged." I looked over to the table seeing Cody.

"Lace." Dad said. I nodded. I sterilized a needle after just seeing a deep gash on his forearm and the gash on his head reopened and longer. I had him apply pressure to the one on his arm while I restitched his head. "Move your head one more time and I will make a wrong stitch." I warned. Of course he didn't listen. I gripped his head holding it still.

When I was done with his head I stitched his arm up while dad asked him where else hurt. "Nothing. Maybe a few bruises." He said. "I suggest you stay here the rest of the night to be safe." Dad said. Cody nodded. "Yes sir." Cody said as I wrapped his arm. "Why does it have to be so tight?" He asked. I shrugged before going up to my room throwing a pillow and blanket down.

"My daughter's room is off limits. Got it?" Dad asked. "Yes sir." He said. I crawled back into my bed covering my head with the covers.