Chapter:8

Four weeks later

I checked the lining of my underwear once more after checking my tracker app. Late. I honestly hope I'm not. I lifted the bathroom before telling Cody I was going to get something. "What is it? Caffeine? Lady things?" He asked. "Yup. And it's nothing you need to worry about." I told him. "I'll be here." He said as I grabbed the keys to the truck.

I went to the nearest pharmacy and grabbed several. I paid for them and went back to the hotel room. I went into the bathroom before Cody could even say anything. After I opened the first box there was a knock at the door. "Lacey are you alright?" Cody asked. "Yeah. I fine." I said as I checked the time on the box. "Ok. I'll be out here if you need anything." He said.

I opened the other two and set them on the counter. One by one I used them before having wait. I hope not. Once the time was up I checked. No. No. No. No. No. No. No! I exited the bathroom and went to curl up next to Cody. The only time we did it was after he was in jail and missed the night. "Not feeling good?" He asked. I nodded rolling over burying my face in the crook of his neck.

"What hurts?" He asked. "Nothing." I said. "Baby girl what's wrong?" He asked. I threw a leg over his and wrapped my arms around his neck. He kissed my forehead and pulled me closer. "Lacey." I didn't move. It may be negative and there is no baby. I'll wait a few weeks and see if any other signs of a pregnancy appear.

"Lacey. What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing." I said. "Your lying." He said. "Tell me what's going through that pretty little head." I didn't want to. "You need to tell me what's wrong so I know how to comfort you." He said. I sat up sitting in front of him. He sat up facing me. "Please tell me. I'm here for you baby girl." He said taking my hands in his.

I looked down at my flat stomach. "Baby. Are you even on your period?" He flat out asked. I shook my head. "When was it supposed to start?" He asked. "Four days ago." I said. He looked at me shocked. Then jumped off the bed. I then remembered I left the tests in the sink. I leaped trying to grab him. He was too quick. He went straight to the bathroom. Then came back with all three tests.

"Wh? Baby. Why were you trying to hide it? How far long?" He asked. I looked down. I heard a thud of all three hitting wood before I was pulled into his arms. "Baby. How far long?" He asked quietly. "Two weeks." I said. "It's been two weeks since we. Baby girl. Was I the only one that was with you?" He asked. "Why would you think I'd be with anyone beside you?" I asked him.

"That's all I wanted to know." He said holding me. "Are you mad?" I asked him. "No. Baby. I'm not mad. I just can't believe that we'd slip up and you'd be pregnant with my child after how long we've been together." He said. I tried looking away. He pulled my head back to face him. "I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it was unplanned." He said. I looked up at him.

"My dad." I said. "Sh**." He muttered. "I'll take care of it. He's seen how much I love you. He may go easy." I said. "Or he may not. I love you too much to leave you." He said wrapping his arms tightly around me.