Chapter:10

Twenty weeks

I leaned back against the counter. "You alright?" Johnson asked. "Yeah. Just catching my breath." I said. "Need to sit down?" He asked. "Nah. I'm good." I said before getting back to work. Summer is next week. For some odd reason my dad has been going to every single event I'm at. I'm about to do something else when I'm stopped.

I'm turned around to face my boyfriend. "Sit down and catch your breath. Your on your feet all day. If you stress anymore the baby will be affected." He said. I nodded. "It's already affecting you. Sit down next to me. Drink some water. Get liquids back into your body." He said leading me over to a place to sit outside the MC. He handed me a water making sure I drink.

Then wrapped an arm around my waist placing his right hand over the side of my growing belly. "I'm not sure about this anymore." I told him. "Baby girl. Your doing fine. You just need to rest a little more and drink more than you usually do. If need any help anyone will help out. If you need one of them to go get me, they will. After every ride I'll be right beside you.

"I've got another ride tomorrow night. You need to rest completely and finish that water bottle before we go back to the hotel." He said. A sudden commotion made the both of us jump. "We need someone in the chute now." Someone yelled. I took a deep breath. "Your not." Cody said. "You know I'm the only one small enough right now. Last time before the baby is born. Oh and there's an ultrasound tomorrow babe." I said. "Don't get hur.. What?" He said as I went up to the chute.

"Lacey." I got to the chute seeing no way to get down easily. "Great." I muttered. "You made an appointment without me?" Cody asked. "Think you can lower me down? I can't get through the chute because of the bull next to it." I said. "Yeah." He said. "We still haven't left the topic." I climbed over with him behind. "How do you wanna do this?" He asked.

"Hook your arms around the upper part of my abdomen and ease down." I said. He carefully did so. I had a hold of the side of the chute the whole time. Mostly to reassure him. "Close to the ground?" He asked. "Yeah. I can get a clear landing." I said. "Take it." He said. "Slowly release." I said. He kissed my cheek before letting me drop to the ground. He then got up on the side.

I was able to get the bleeding to his head to slow enough to put tape over the gash. He was already unconscious. There were no broken bones. They were having a hard time getting the bull out. "Is there any way to get him out?" I asked. "We'd have to empty the chutes to." Ok. "Open the chute." I said. "No." Cody said. "It won't be me in the chute." I told him. "You will."

I started for the side. He swiftly lifted me out. "Plan?" He asked. As the bull slammed against the chute. "Get the stretcher and put him on it. Then another guy will join you with the chute open. It's the only way unless you want a strained arm and not ride for a few weeks." I said. "Stay here." He said using his arms to get down. He was handed the stretcher.

Smith got on the bottom rung of the chute waiting on what to do next. "Your call Lace." Smith said. Cody got the guy close to on the stretcher. Smith then joined him. I saw the bull on the opposite side of the ring. "Get him out now." I yelled. The chute was opened along with the side gate. They had to run while the pickup man tried to keep the bull on that side.

Once they were out I moved to the MC. I sat down staying in the chair. I knew the guy was in an awaiting ambulance to go to the hospital. "You done for tonight?" I looked up seeing Cody. "Yeah." I said. "They'll be able to manage the MC without me." I said. He pulled me to my feet. "Let's go to our room then. I'll let you bathe first." He said.

The drive wasn't long neither was the elevator ride. When we arrived last night Cody had placed my bag on the desk in the room so I could stand to get my clothes. I snagged his shirt that he had with his clothes and went to get a shower. Unfortunately my dad is sharing a room with us. As I was washing up I could tell it was getting harder to get cleaned up due to my growing belly.

When I was done I put my bed clothes on and went to get into bed. "Where's my shirt?" Cody asked just as my dad walked in. I showed the collar of the shirt I had on. "Comfortable?" He asked. I nodded pulling a pillow to me. "I'll be back then." He said before grabbing his clothes and another shirt before going into the bathroom.

"Don't over work yourself Lacey. You being pregnant may have been an accident, but if you really want to have the child you need to stop the stress and focus more on letting it develop." Dad said. "I know." I said. I pulled the pillow closer as Cody came out of the room. Dad never lets us share a bed. To be honest I think he's trying sabotage the relationship.

While my dad was in the shower Cody got into the bed I was in. I laid my head on his chest ditching the pillow. "So about the appointment for tomorrow." He said. "You were busy driving. I went ahead and did it because it's time for another one. I'll discuss it better with you when it's time for the next one." I said. "I know you will. What's this one for?" He asked. "The gender and health." I said.

"Honestly. As long as it's healthy I'm good." He said. "You want a boy don't you?" I asked. "More or less a girl." He said. I chuckled. He leaned down to kiss me. His free hand found my belly his thumb rubbed against it. "How much longer?" He asked. "Twenty more weeks." I told him. "Halfway there."