2: Meet My Ex, and I Think I Just Started Something Unknowingly

I entered the elevator from the ground floor and there was someone already inside. The first thing I noticed was the high undercut of his hairstyle. He looked up and gave me a knowing smile. It was Darex, my ex. Just my luck.

When I got into the company, I didn't know Darex was already working there. When we meet, we said our customary hellos and then he said he was glad I got in because he tried to sweet talk the HR for me. I didn't ask how he knew I even applied for this company but I guessed it was only logical as this was the only famous IT related company in the city.

"Morning" I said to the man in the elavator.

"Didn't know you come this early. I could have given you a ride." Darex said.

"That's not necessary, I like to walk" I left it at that and welcomed the awkward silence as we got to our floor. Darex and I parted ways as he went to the R&D team. As I walked to my desk, I exhaled the breath I didn't realize I was holding. More than a year now and my chest still hurts when I see him.

=

Wednesday and 2pm in the afternoon. Yet I'm not in the office. As compensation for giving lessons outside office hours, my afternoons will now be usually free. Now this, I don't mind. I might not like where my career is going but I'm enjoying this freedom.

Frappe and a good outdoor seating are what I live for now. I opened my Mac and started playing around. I used to do graphic designing as a hobby during highschool and since I started working I had a lot of new design ideas for office supplies. So I tried to finish this cherry blossom themed diary planner as I suck on my Green Tea Frappe.

It was past 5pm and I have a session with Yoongi at 7 as usual, so I started heading home from the cafe. Well, technically it's an apartment and my true home is an hour away from the city during rush hours. It's also one of the reasons why Darex's offer this morning wouldn't have mattered. Darex lives near my original home but only a few people know I live in the city now.

Remembering my encounter with Darex this morning is making me annoyed. He wasn't offering to pick me up as a testament of his generous heart. He just wanted to show off that he has a car, which I acknowledge as unusual for young workers. I sighed. This is not good - being frustrated and he's not even near me.

=

Yoongi became more relaxed with our conversations that he started talking about his job.

We eat there a lot because it was close to our company and the food is so good. Tell you what, if you ever come to Korea, I'll treat you.

Haha, I'll hold on to that offer. Does that mean you work until late?

Yeah, usually but don't worry. We get the morning off if work during the night.

Yoongi and I basically chatted like friends for the whole session. But as a professional, I did give him pointers at the start on what he should try to practice. Then in the middle of the session I corrected some of his use of articles and prepositions that weren't natural. At the end he sounded genuinely happy.

Haha. I'm a natural aren't I? Third lesson in and I can hold conversations with you. I'm a genius after all.

Wipe that smug of your face, you're just lucky this is only chat. Tell me that when you can speak English to me face to face :P

Oh you're on. Just wait Melissa

We ended the session with a smile on my lips.

===

Author's Notes:

Hello! pinkpastelhair once again :3 What did you think of Darex? My boyfriend was the first one to read this part of the story and he was like "Boooo!" He didn't like Darex much obviously. LOL. Of course, Yoongi was there to the rescue! Well... he doesn't really know that yet.

Love pastelpinkhair *hugs*