9: And When Things Unfold

Yoongi, your hair.

What about it?

You sent me a picture of it when you were drunk that day.

Ahh.. I'm trying to forget that Melissa, don't bring it up. That was so embarrassing.

But why? Your hair was so fluffy in that picture. I wonder what it feels like to touch it.

Ah. There it is again. I'm too comfortable telling Yoongi things. My brain filter seems to malfunction when I talk to him.

You say that but that picture you sent me was anticlimactic.

Huh? Why?

Why was it a back shot? Your back is nice but I was thinking you'll send me a normal picture.

Thanks.

...

Are you ignoring the rest of my message??

Oh look, it's time for our lesson.

"Hi Yoongi. How are you today?"

"Are you serious Melissa?"

"I'm not sure what you are talking about Yoongi."

"Okay, I'll play along. Hi Melissa! I'm good, I've been chatting with a good friend about her trip but she seems to be avoiding the topic."

I groaned. "Fine. I was hoping you won't ask for more pictures, because I'm not that confident."

"Don't worry, I won't ask for more if you don't want to. Although... your outfit really suits you and Gabrielle took some nice shots of you. You should be more confident."

I smiled. "Thank you Yoongi. But, wait... have I told you about Gabrielle before?"

"Not that I can remember, but it says here Gabrielle in your tagged photos. So I assumed that's her."

"What tagged photos?"

"In your Instagram."

My eyes widened and remembered when he tried to confirm with me my whole name. How did he even know which Melissa Garcia profile is mine?

I give up on being embarrassed and just said, "That's not fair, you saw my face." Let's not try to add I was in a bikini!

"Hmm... okay. Wait."

I then received a picture in Kakaotalk. There were 2 single-lidded eyes staring back at me under a lot of brown hair. The rest of his face was out of frame.

"You are so Korean." I laughed.

"Hmp." Now I'm imagining him pouting. "You and your golden tanned skin."

=

I stepped into the office. It was Monday and I've started feeling guilty about me having virtually half day work, since I usually just casually chat during my lessons with Yoongi.

Some guy from R&D asked about my feedback on one of the new features. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Darex looking at me. It looked like he was unconsciously watching me. It reminded me of the old Darex - smiling goofily and less mean. Of course, he wasn't the perfect boyfriend to me, but I thought he genuinely enjoyed our time together then.

I was asked by the manager - my real original Operations manager - to talk about something in his office. He handed me a letter to read.

I was confused with the contents of the letter but I perfectly know what was the message. I was being fired.

Technically, they want me to resign. "On what grounds am I being let go?" I said calmly.

"As the letter said-"

"The letter said, 'unapproved actions.' What actions?"

He was quiet.

"Am I a scapegoat for something? What makes you decide that I deserve this?"

"We can make this less complicated if you choose to resign. We can fire you as well if that's what you want."

"Tell me the real reason why, you owe me that much."

"Daryl," only his family calls him by his real name. "Daryl, is distracted when you're around. He sees nothing but you. Complains about you to the point that he has to talk to you at your desk. I thought moving you to another department would do him some good but nothing changed, it might have made things much worse."

"Whoever you are to Darex, you're not as bright as he is. If what you said was true, you should have already known that the real problem here is not me."

I walked out of his office. "You'll get my resignation in your email later."

===

Author's Notes:

Hey! Long time no see. I'm sorry for that >-< I'm transitioning to another part of the story, so hold tight! :D Comments are appreciated as always :3 It tells me if I'm making good progress :D

Love pastelpinkhair *hugs*