5: Sugar in Your Body

Yuuum. The smell of pizza was overpowering the place. Well, of course, it is Melissa. You're in a pizza restaurant. Duh. It was Friday night again and the one time reunion seemed to turn to a weekly meetup.

"So tell us more about your work Lisa!" It's only Khaylee who called me that all throughout the years.

"Yeah Lisa. You heard my sorry excuse for a programming job at least tell me there is hope for us young programmers out there." I was a bit taken aback for Jake to call me that way. But I smiled.

"Sigh, at least you're doing something related to IT. I'm stuck teaching at the moment."

"Huh? Aren't you a programmer at the same company as Darex?" Jake widened his eyes and bowed a little, trying to say 'sorry' for mentioning my ex.

I waved my hand saying it's okay and said, "Yeah, but I've been shoved to the QA side since they need a hand and now I'm teaching two students too."

"That's rough."

I nodded.

"Are your students hot?" Everyone looked at Khaylee. "What? You do that through video calls right?"

I laughed. "My first student is a freshman highschool girl. So you can't hit on her, you'll be arrested. She is adorable though"

Khaylee pouted. "I'm not a lolicon! But I do appreciate cute girls." Sometimes there is a mismatch with Khaylee's appearance and her brain. She wears these pastel colored outfits but sounds like a perverted old man.

"How about your second student?" It was Sally who asked.

"Oh, he's a bit of a special case. He doesn't want to do video calls. We actually did text chat only for the first week and only last Monday we started doing voice chat."

"Ohhh.. Mysterious. Why do you think he doesn't want video calls?"

"It's probably because of his face right?"

"Maybe he has a bad scar, poor guy."

"Or maybe he's a celebrity!" Expect Khaylee to say the most ridiculous things.

=

'Katalk!' I got a message in KakaoTalk.

Hi Melissa. It's Yoongi

Is this a bad time?

It was 11pm, and the guys and me were hanging out at a desserts place after the pizza restaurant.

Hi Yoongi :)

No, I'm just out with my friends.

Oh right, it's Friday.

Does that mean you're stuck at work again?

I actually just came home from work. So tired :(

But you must love your work to do things like staying late?

I do! I don't tell the guys this much, but I love what I'm doing.

Guys? Are you part of a team?

Yup, you can say that, but sometimes I feel like I have annoying brothers rather than workmates.

Yesterday... I guess now it is 2 days ago, since it is midnight at the moment. Anyway, during my Thursday session with Yoongi, he asked if he can ask me questions outside our sessions. I told him that it isn't allowed in English Me, but as a friend I'll give him my number but he can't tell anyone in English Me about it.

Anyway, enough about me.

How are you?

Good :D

I'm stuffing my face with ice cream at the moment.

What flavor is it?

MANGOOOoooo!!!

Someone is crazy with mangoes.

Or do you just like sweet things in general?

I'm don't go crazy with the level of sweetness, but I do I love sugar :3

I can't understand how other people can live without it. Coke Zero and sugar free stuff.

I need sugar in my body.

It took a while before Yoongi replied.

Yeah, sugar is important.

===

Author's Notes:

I am sorry! My update took so long >< I do have a proper excuse. Got sick for a short while, but still! So, I hope you liked this chapter. Do you need sugar in your body too? *winks*

Love pastelpinkhair *hugs*